Hi Folks; It's OFFICIAL --

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
  • [FONT=verdana, arial]
    [FONT=verdana, arial]Boston has now completed the Hottest and Dryest Summer in History.!!! The last time it was this bad was 1957.
    nerdy.gif
    The Avg Temp in 1957 was 72.7F. The Avg temp this Summer has been 76.9F. AND the Avg rainfall in 1957 was 3.7". The Avg rainfall this Summer was 3.2". That is unheard of here. We usually Avg about 75 - 85F with rain about once a week usually at night. CRAZY.!! I hpe the rest of you guys are fairing better. PEACE:RONB
    errr.gif
    [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, I wish our average temp was 76.9F. I think our average has probably been triple digits. We have had rain maybe twice over the course of the last year or so and not very much rain which is why this state has been ripped apart by fires.

Last edited:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I was in MA in 58 and no one said anything about it. Wish I had known, I could have interviewed
average citizens on the subject. I was studying to be a journalist.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Michigan flirted with drought but in those areas relief happened.
It is becoming a good growing year ,and while not over yet ,frosts did not hit late in spring and many areas good on rainfall.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing but rain here in my area of Middle Tennessee this past month. HOTTTTTTT and the humidity was horrible. The temp would reach 90-100 but the feel like temp would supersede that a lot.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Geez I would kill for 76 degrees. Its 90 out right now at 6pm and I was sweating just standing at the kids bus stop at 3pm. I think I read that 2016 is breaking all records...global warming = not fun.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
We've had a mild summer as far as heat goes. I think we only broke 100 degrees a handfull of times this year. Rainfall probably around average to slightly below average.

Looking at the crops it's going to be a bumper harvest if the weather holds through September.

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; In Boston it has been over 90F almost every day for several days at a sretch. Then one or 2 days it would cool to 80+ F. Then the Humidity has been off the Charts. We even had a few days of 108F & 104F. That is INSANE.!!! :tard: I literally don't know how you guys survive that kind of heat. In Boston if the Temps go over 80f We are hugging the AC's LITERALLY. If it goes over 90F This City shuts down.!!!:blob8: :tongue1: I guess it's all about your physical conditioning. If your born in that type of heat you become conditioned to it. Like if you were to bring an Eskimo to the US they would not be able to survive. They would probably be dead in a year. And if you were to take one of us and put us up there in that cold We would be dead as well. Yet the Eskimos actually go swimming during that cold. Go figure. Anyways, stay tuned Folks. This ain't over yet.!! :icon_pale: :help: PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

PS: May God Bless All who have been flooded or burned out. May God be with you All. PEACE:RONB

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may think that Connecticut is hot, but most of the summer, it was and still is hot. 4 tomatoes plants, 4 tomatoes total.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This summer, NYC got 21 days where the temperature reached 90 degrees or better.
Not fun when you want to metal detect.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We couldn't buy any rain from May through July so digging required hand grenades. What was strange though was the humidity was high. I've never sweated this bad before...

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The weather we've been having out here in Louisiana is brutal. Between the rain the sun and the 100% humidity I look like a walking wet zombie metal detecting.

P.S. And yet I still do it every chance I get! Lol NUTS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi TRUTH; Now that might be a new idea : Metal Detecting Zombies.!! Right now I think the Nation is full of them. Myself included. PEACE:RONB :laughing7:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Down here it rained, and rained, and rained for over a month. I thought I was living in Seattle. And then came the heat, upper 90's week after week. We never broke 100 fortunately. It has cooled down the last couple of days into the low 80's, but they're forecasting 90's again next week. I did two dirt digging trips during the 90's. They were NOT fun, but I'm addicted and I didn't keel over :)

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Down here it rained, and rained, and rained for over a month. I thought I was living in Seattle. And then came the heat, upper 90's week after week. We never broke 100 fortunately. It has cooled down the last couple of days into the low 80's, but they're forecasting 90's again next week. I did two dirt digging trips during the 90's. They were NOT fun, but I'm addicted and I didn't keel over :)

It's so humid down here, even when there is no sun, it's like i'm living the armpit of America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
Fear not,,, global freezing is on the way just 3 or 4 month away. And then every one can complain about that. A few years ago I friend told me when he quit complaining about the heat, it didn't seam quite so HOT.

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Low to mid 70's with monsoon afternoon showers here in SW Colorado the last 3 weeks. Beautiful weather!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread