Hi From Nokomis, FL

Fisher44

Dec 4, 2015
Nokomis, Fl (Calusa Lakes)
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Tom here, retired and moved from the west suburbs of Chicago to the Gulf Coast of Florida near the Nokomis and Venice beaches. Have had detectors in the past, and decided to start all over in Florida. Picked up a new Fisher Detector and would like to try out the local beaches. Would like to find anyone in the Venice/Nokomis area that might give this “Senior Newbie” some tips.

I C THE LITE

Mar 11, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Tom, I am not a Floridian but was just down in Florida detecting on those beaches. Sorry to say this but they are heavily detected. I was in the water at Siesta Keys for 4 hours and got a grand total of 1 signal. Got 4 signals at Venice and and 4 at Sharkey's. I saw guys detecting Siesta Key everyday. My advice to you would be to remain vigilant and do not get discouraged and sooner or later you will start finding the good stuff. Good luck with finding a detecting buddy.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Greetings from St. Pete.

Good luck with the hunts. There is quite a crowd with detectors these days and the beaches are slammed hard.

I'd suggest finding private property-

beep and dig, beep and dig, repeat, repeat...

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Tom....welcome to Tnet!!! I don't head north too often, but there are plenty up hunters up your way. I have been to Englewood, and Manasota Key, and Boca Grande...each time there were at least a few guys in the sand and water. There is no shortage of beaches in Sarasota County area, so you could be very busy in your retirement! Read and research as much as you can on our forum, you will learn more by doing that than just going out and swinging for mid-tones. Good luck, and be sure to post pics of your finds... and happy retirement!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Tom! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the party. You have a lot of time to play and that makes me envious but I will patiently wait for your finds. I am sure you will find plenty of hunting buddies down in that state. Good Luck and Happy Hunting

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread