Hi from NorthEast GA

LiznHan

Aug 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,
My son (8yr) and I (mom 33) started detecting about a year ago for fun in our backyard. He loves doing it with me and actually has his own treasure box where he keeps all our finds. The coolest finds we have had so far were Hot Wheels trucks from the 80's, a key, some old pennies, and a foot from a robot toy from back in the 80's. We have exhausted our back and front yard and are excited to start looking elsewhere.
We are glad to be part of this group and hope we can find some cool places to go detect this fall.
Any ideas on where we can detect in our area? We are in Gainesville GA area.
Thanks and kind regards,

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard - both of ya! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Georgia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to you and your son! This is a great family hobby and you will find a ton of information and inspiration in our TNet community here. And I am very glad y'all refer to your finds as treasure, because indeed they are! :icon_thumright:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome aboard the tnet extravaganza...............:hello2:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! GL & HH

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Virginia! As vpnavy suggested, check for clubs, etc. on the Georgia sub-forum. You can also look at the different sections of the forums and browse the threads and see if you get any ideas there. Parks and "Tot Lots" are good to hit and if you son get bored, he can play while you search. Always check for postings against Detecting and go when less people are there so you have more freedom to move and less chance to get in someone's way. Around old schools can be good (if not posted, fenced in or already hit hard and cleaned out). Look for places where people gathered, kids, played, people had a picnic, took shade under big old trees, etc. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread