Hi from Southwest Alabama

Homemedic73

Jan 20, 2016
Grand Bay, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I am new to the hunt but already hooked. I am hoping to find someone near Grand Bay, Alabama to discuss places to hunt. I have hopes of finding artifacts and not just change and jewelry at the beach. I have been researching my area for history and likely good spots to search but any advice is welcome especially if you are in the area and know the history of the town and places that are open to to detecting. Thanks for having me and I look forward to learning from all the veterans here and hopefully sharing some good finds soon. I have attached my first 2 days finds just to share what I consider a sucess since to of the articles found were old solid brass furniture handles I found in the middle of the pecan orchard next to my home. I hope to find more things like them because I live right along side U.S Highway 90 which was known as the "Old Spanish Trail" and has been a thoroughfare for hundreds of years now. I even found in my research that one of the winning generals from the Battle of Mobile Bay moved hiis infantry troops through our town along this very route so I am supper excited to search more. I am rambling anfd I apologize. Thanks for having me and thanks in advance for any advice that is shared. Day 1 finds.jpg Day 2 finds.jpg

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the party. You isn't rambling you are excited about the fun your having. Talk to the locals for where places used to be. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard , fresh pecans sound great :icon_thumleft:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard TNet from your neighbor in Mississippi!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread