Hibanking newb question

ChrisinCO

Aug 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Angus MacKirk, 48" BGT Prospector, and a pan.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello fellow rock/gem/gold hounds. I have been running a stream sluice for a couple of years now but am in the process of building a highbanker. I have everything sorted out except the pump hoses. Will be running a 3" trash pump and while looking at hoses I was surprised at the LARGE variations in pricing ($120-$300+) for a complete (suction, output, intake filter, and connectors) hose kits. What is the difference? From pictures they all look the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your hose source is the secret-industrial hose suppliers, agriculture, general contractor suppliers have the best prices. Make sure you buy UV protected hoses as all else rots from the sun. I MUCH prefer the kanaflex product line as industrial tough and as long as stored dry in the dark during off season last ages. 151 rocks as thick enough to take much abuse but flexible enough to handle ez and see through for plugups. I do not like layflat-cheap yes but a short lived pain that steals volume for the unsupported hose walls energy consumed, kinks and a pain to dry for storage . MY money my preference for ease of use and long life.Make sure and buy a foot valve with a flapper valve for that pump,makes life easier and quicker.John

OP
OP
C

ChrisinCO

Aug 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Angus MacKirk, 48" BGT Prospector, and a pan.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you very much for the info John. I will look in to the brands you mentioned.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on length, lay flat is a good way to go. Just remember that there are many different grades of layflat and a little thicker will last for years.

6 12 2004 024.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread