"HIT FOR THE CYCLE" w/pix..rileyboy

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Hi all....rileyboy here.
Started off the day doing a box of halves that turned out to be a complete "skunk". Decided to take a little ride to dump the box off and check a few banks in the area. After making the "dump", I stopped at a Bank of America in the same shopping center. I have been there a few times before, but never scored anything. Must just have been my day today. Because after the teller I was dealing with said she didn't have any halves, the teller next to her said she had some if I could wait a second while she straightened up her computer. I walked over to her station as she was pulling her tray out from her drawer. Bingo...I could see a lot of silver. She had halves, silver dollars and a silver quarter that I could see right up. Here is the take. (2) Morgans...1889, 1896-O (1) Peace Dollar...1922. (1) Barber Half...1907-S (19) Walking Liberty Halves.(a few nice dates in the 1930's) (1) Ben...1953-S (1) 1964 Kennedy, (1) 40%er and a 1949 Silver Quarter. This is only the second time in my CRHing days that I've "Hit for the Cycle" or "Grand Slammed" half dollars. By that I mean getting a Barber, WLH, Ben and 1964 Kennedy in one day or place. The last time was in a box of halves about four years ago. This time is a lot better because of the Silver dollars and the silver quarter and, of course, NO DUMP to make. I checked to see if she had anything else, but that was it for silver. She had 75 "Ikes" which I took as well. None were 40% silver. She told me a lady brought them in yesterday and she was "glad I was taking them off her hands." As I'm sitting here typing this....I still can't get over the luck I've been having recently finding great coins in teller trays. The boxes I've been doing lately are awful. Anyway, Keep hunting...Enjoy the photos that my daughter took with her nice camera.
I wish you all the best of luck...."It's out there for sure!...trust me"
rileyboy
(Rich, R.I.P.)

Attachments

• IMG_2142.JPG
    IMG_2142.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_2144.JPG
    IMG_2144.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_2145.JPG
    IMG_2145.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 0

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing. That is the find of a lifetime right there, but keep pushing your luck as far as it can take you! Thanks for posting!

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding find Riley! Congrats!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Outstanding find Riley! Congrats!

Nice score there Rileyboy, I always ask for CRW's and Big Dollars too and buy them all. I would be staring at the take all night lol. HH, Maverick.

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy: Too cool! Way to go Rileyboy!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow rileyboy, you deserve it!! thanks for sharing with us, as always, good luck in your future hunts and looking forward to seeing more fantastic finds being posted!
hh
buff

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Great find. And not jealous at all. Just happy for YOU. :-) I remember the old saying "The harder I work, the luckier I get". It's luck - but only luck brought on by the countless times we get skumks and nothing to post about. Perseverence brings about this "luck" Great job. You deserve it! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread