HIT MY DIME GOAL FOR THE YEAR!!

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i grabbed 2 boxes of dimes today from a local bank and each box was good. Box 1 had 11 fdr and a 1936 merc. the second box had 4 fdr and a silver canadian. These 2 boxes helped me reach a goal i set of 100 dimes for the year already! I have found a 105 silver dimes so far this year, and have really only searched maybe 25 boxes. Dimes tend to be very good around my parts so i think im gonna pick up the pace and try for 200 by the year end. Plus the left over clad is easy to get rid of. I have decided to cut my half boxes down to 2 boxes per week instead of 4. I would rather use the other 1000 for 4 boxes of dimes. HH

93-FDR
7-mercury
2-barber
3-canadian

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok i guess. i have one week when i do great, and then 5 when there just so so. 2 weeks ago i had some nice half boxes, then went through 8 more boxes with only a 1969 to show for it. I dont think i have ever been skunked on a dime box so i mind as well hit them hard while there producing for me. I ordered 2 boxes of halves from a bank that was producing half boxes with dates from 2010 on them. These were great 2 weeks ago so im excited about that. they will be here tuesday.

Swade2K

Aug 4, 2012
I'm only averaging 1 silver FDR per box. I do MUCH better with loose halves and CWRs. I'm not gonna give up on dimes yet, but I need to see some better results!

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Give up on dimes all of you ;D I want them!
Just playing :)
you were right, get them while they are there.
Wicka :notworthy:
I wish I could get 100!

Sirreckless619

Apr 18, 2012
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently reach my goal of $25 FV of dimes. It's a great feeling. CONGRATS. Keep it up.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i grabbed 2 boxes of dimes today from a local bank and each box was good. Box 1 had 11 fdr and a 1936 merc. the second box had 4 fdr and a silver canadian. These 2 boxes helped me reach a goal i set of 100 dimes for the year already! I have found a 105 silver dimes so far this year, and have really only searched maybe 25 boxes. Dimes tend to be very good around my parts so i think im gonna pick up the pace and try for 200 by the year end. Plus the left over clad is easy to get rid of. I have decided to cut my half boxes down to 2 boxes per week instead of 4. I would rather use the other 1000 for 4 boxes of dimes. HH

93-FDR
7-mercury
2-barber
3-canadian
I'm over 300... catch up!

286 Roosie
21 Mercury
6 Canadian
1 Cuban

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm over 300... catch up!

286 Roosie
21 Mercury
6 Canadian
1 Cuban

nice numbers! However how many dimes do you search? When i say i searched 25 boxes to get those numbers its kinda on the high side. I would say if i really think about it maybe 20 boxes. Thats why im really gonna pick up the pace. Will be doing 2 half boxes and 4 dime boxes this week so hopefully i pull some good numbers. hh

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Congrats Mark on the achievement. Persistence pays off. Now, you need to set the bar higher. Why not a roll of mercs?

And BigScores and Sirreckless: Did you really attempt to one-up Mark on his achievement thread? Simple congrats and a discussion on averages would have been appropriate. Don't make me dig up my cigar box and trump you all.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
nice numbers! However how many dimes do you search? When i say i searched 25 boxes to get those numbers its kinda on the high side. I would say if i really think about it maybe 20 boxes. Thats why im really gonna pick up the pace. Will be doing 2 half boxes and 4 dime boxes this week so hopefully i pull some good numbers. hh

Mark, you definitely should increase your volume while the hunting is good. Your averages are way above normal. Cull the silver while you can.

Sirreckless619

Apr 18, 2012
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Mark on the achievement. Persistence pays off. Now, you need to set the bar higher. Why not a roll of mercs?

And BigScores and Sirreckless: Did you really attempt to one-up Mark on his achievement thread? Simple congrats and a discussion on averages would have been appropriate. Don't make me dig up my cigar box and trump you all.

In no way was I trying to "one up" anyone. Just showing my achievement so far. It's all good Donald

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was offering encouragement and motivation to go harder... I've done over $70k in dimes this year, my averages SUCK.

Swade2K

Aug 4, 2012
Question: I've been searching Brinks boxes of dimes in the clear plastic sleeve. Do you think edge searching these is sufficient? I worry that I miss older discolored dimes and end up opening the sleeves....

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Post it up DD, it is an awesome pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No kidding at all, it would give encouragement to everyone to see that. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread