Holiday Travel and CRH.. Birmingham and Nashville...Uhhgg

Catcake

Oct 19, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like my family holiday plans are finalizing. Christmas in Nashville at my grandfathers house followed by New Years in Birmingham. I'm not too fond of Nashville (Brentwood actually), Birmingham (Homewood) or my country kin-folk but I've never CRH'ed in another state. Super excited to try. I'm sure all I'll hear about is Texas A&M and the presidential election. Hahaha. Therefore I need to my escape... CRH to the rescue!

Any folks from around Birmingham or Nashville that can recommend a good bank or 10 to visit while I'm in town? In return I can provide my experiences of the best banks to hit up in Austin, Texas. Reagardless, I'll hope to plan ahead and churn 20 to 30 boxes in each town.

Thanks!

CS

Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like my family holiday plans are finalizing. Christmas in Nashville at my grandfathers house followed by New Years in Birmingham. I'm not too fond of Nashville (Brentwood actually), Birmingham (Homewood) or my country kin-folk but I've never CRH'ed in another state. Super excited to try. I'm sure all I'll hear about is Texas A&M and the presidential election. Hahaha. Therefore I need to my escape... CRH to the rescue!

Any folks from around Birmingham or Nashville that can recommend a good bank or 10 to visit while I'm in town? In return I can provide my experiences of the best banks to hit up in Austin, Texas. Reagardless, I'll hope to plan ahead and churn 20 to 30 boxes in each town.

Thanks!

CS

If you're hunting halves, Alabama is dead and dry. Nashville, I'm unsure of, but the parts of Tennessee I've hit up, suck just as bad.

Good luck to you, though.

OP
OP
C

Catcake

Oct 19, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I've been hearing from other boards. However, if I'm not mistaken i've heard previous chatter about Brentwood and the Birmingham area as being very good hunting grounds. Austin, TX is ok so far... I've found 10 silvers including a 1970 D, a 1995 S silver, and two 1964s. I also found two gold plated halfs, a dime planchet, a gold plated dime, and two war nickels. Looking forward to hunting some new ground! Might even detour along the way! Catcakes 1 mo. Finds.jpg

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, like I said, I hope you will find at least something, but I am in AL and hunt fairly often and I am lucky if I find a 40%er. I haven't found a 90%er YET. I hunt pennies and nickels, and dimes if my eyes are feeling okay that day.

silvershooter

Sep 13, 2012
north central,In
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm interested to see how you do, I go through Alabama a lot as well as Mississippi and Louisiana.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread