Holiday Weekend GOLD!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
The wife and I spent the long holiday weekend on the Mississippi Gulf Coast visiting family. I took the BH QS with me for dry sand and the CZ20 for wet sand and water. When I hunt on dry sand, the wife walks with me and we talk as I detect. Then, when I get a hit, she scoops it with a 3 foot RTG scoop. When I go wading, it's by myself with a Stealth scoop. Anyways....

Friday night we got out for about an hour in Long Beach with the BH and found some change. We were able to a little scouting earlier in the day though.

Saturday morning we headed to a spot in Biloxi that was crowded on Friday. We stayed on the dry sand and found a decent amount of change and a 4x4 Monster car. Then we visited her aunt for a few hours. On the way back to my parents, she wanted to stop and lay out for a little while. Well, since I still had my detectors in the car, I poked around a little with the BH. I tried to stay away from the crowds of people, so I didn't find much, just a little change and a Big Play amusement park token. But, I did take notice of how many people were around and decided to hit this spot the next morning.

Sunday morning, we went to the spot from Saturday afternoon. We hit the dry sand for a nice pile of change and a Thomas the Train, until the wife wanted to go lay out. Then I put the BH in the car and grabbed the CZ20 and the Stealth. I walked the high tide line and gridded myself into the water. Pickings were slim, but on my last leg away from the car, I got a loud but fairly small mid tone. I had a little trouble getting my scoop around it because it was deeper than I normally dig, but it just sounded SO good. I always scoop, then check the hole to see if I got the target or not. On one scoop, there was no more beep in the hole. So, I shook the scoop some to get rid of the sand and mud, looked in and there she was, a big silver wedding band. WooHoo! So, I pulled it out and looked for the 925 mark. I found it, but it said 14k! WOOHOO! I slipped it into my pouch and made my way back to where the wife was laying out. She was ready to go so we left and I was a happy man! It weighs 9.93g on the scale and is my first White GOLD anything!

I had another interesting little find. I was checking my scoop close for something or another, and noticed one of the holes seemed to make a peace sign. I inspected it a little closer and it was a itty bitty shark tooth. I kept it.

Sorry for rambling. I hope everyone had a great Independence Day! Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!

20160705 weekend totals.jpg 20160705 toys.jpg 20160705 Big Play token.jpg
20160703 White Gold Ring.jpg 20160705 sharks tooth.jpg

Upvote 18

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your 14K gold ring - clad - toy cars & small shark's tooth - what a fantastic way to spend the 4th of July weedend - thanks for sharing your pictures and story with us & wish you many more finds while out beach treasure hunting.

Texas ED

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cobgrats on your 1st white gold CC :occasion14: It's always a win/win when you can work a vacation in with some detecting. :thumbsup: Has your wife claimed the ring yet?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice CC nice! That's a sweet score for sure.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the gold ring !!! nice other finds but I really like that shark tooth!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story with a golden ending! Congratualtions!

Thomas the Train is a fun find!

GL & HH

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection of goodies!
Congrats on a first white gold whooper!

I thought the same thing when i found my first white gold.
They do make a nice sound tho.;)

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for all the replies!

Cobgrats on your 1st white gold CC :occasion14: It's always a win/win when you can work a vacation in with some detecting. :thumbsup: Has your wife claimed the ring yet?
No. But, she has encouraged me to go sell it for melt value!

Man. I love finding "Silver" like that. EXCELLENT!
Lol. When I saw it in the scoop, I was thinking Silver was best case scenario. The last time this happened, it turned out to be stainless steel. I peed myself a little bit when I saw the 14k.

Congrats on the gold ring !!! nice other finds but I really like that shark tooth!
Thanks! I really like the shark tooth too. I mean what are the odds that I would actually see that tiny thing in my scoop?!?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread