Horrible Christmas

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not looking for sympathy just letting you know it could be worse. I was getting 4 wheeler ready that we got our son for Christmas and went back in house for tool and when I came out I tripped over my own feet and fell off porch on to concrete and broke my arm. It's my swinging arm too! Going to have to take a break from swinging my at gold for a bit. On other hand kids had wonderful Christmas and I am blessed that I didn't get hurt worse. Merry Christmas everyone and happy new year. Oh yea this is my first broken bone and pain sucks but I'll live.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn that sucks Kodiak. Hope you get well soon. Until then it's left hand swinging and digging for ya!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I guess as we get older them bones get more brittle. I have yet to break a bone but holy cow, I can imagine the pain. I hope you get well but if you can get out then make the kids swing and dig and you can supervise. lol

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer, hang in there....

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch! I Broke my right wrist and then my right foot a couple years later. It was painful but believe it or not, the real pain came after the casts came off. On a GOOD NOTE...you will have gained a good weather meter. My wrist always knows when the weather is gonna change.

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man , what are the odds. Rest that arm for spring.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ahhhh man!!!!! That really blows my friend! Thank the good Lord you did not break a hip or shoulder!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You must be related to the Griswalds. :tongue3: Sorry about your mishap, I bet you'll only be down for 6 to 8 weeks.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just relax, and watch the football games to Superbowl. You'll be swinging before Cedar Point opens for the year.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I'll be swinging this spring for sure. I just found out it's a radial neck break in arm whatever that means lol it hurts a lot but they gave me some good meds. I'll be on sidelines for a bit hope you all have some good hunts

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Now that sucks! You might want to learn to swing with the other arm. I did, and now can switch back and forth with no issues, especially when my arms get tired.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That sucks!
Switch arms and use the harness.
Kind of Ironic though. You buy your son a quad and you break a bone.
Get Well.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that sucks! You might want to learn to swing with the other arm. I did, and now can switch back and forth with no issues, especially when my arms get tired.

lol...........I seem to remember a thread you had last Winter about how to hunt in 2 feet of snow. I got the feeling "nothings going to stop John from hunting." I was going to ask you if you tackled a blizzard yet in N Alberta. :laughing7:

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get well soon, sometimes we all have crazy accidents like that. I fell down a flight of stairs a few years ago myself and slammed into the concrete and broke my left arm so bad that the doctor said that if they tried to do surgery to pull the 2 bones that are lodged inside each other back out of each other that it would leave the arm permanently disabled. I still can't do much with my left arm because it still hurts especially when it's cold out.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sucks!
Switch arms and use the harness.
Kind of Ironic though. You buy your son a quad and you break a bone.
Get Well.

I know that is what everyone says lol

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tough break Kodiak. As a fellow AT Gold swinger, I'll just go ahead and try to swing mine twice as much in memory of your arm for the next couple of months!! LOL! Take care my friend and heal quickly.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys I go in tomorrow to get it set and cast can you say pain meds lol. I hope you find an old gold coin or some old relic for me unclebuck [emoji3]

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yea I'll be swinging this spring for sure. I just found out it's a radial neck break in arm whatever that means lol it hurts a lot but they gave me some good meds. I'll be on sidelines for a bit hope you all have some good hunts

Woooo Hoooo good Rx meds will make it seem better! I feel your pain but thankfully it is the winter season so it is not like prime time spring or summer!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread