Hot Streak of 2015 continues with first Barber dime and first BIG GOLD!!!

Bigmike2334

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So by hot streak has hit a level I never thought possible I've been detecting for 16 months which has turned out to be a great hobby with many awesome finds I have always dreamt of and now are becoming a reality. Saving one piece of history at a time. I have done six hunts this year so far totaling about 20 to 24 hours of hunting and I have hit on every single property I've researched over the long winter using my new garrett at pro. Yesterday I hit a 1780s homestead that has been left abandoned for quite some time it has fallen into disrepair the second was a 1920s bank owned property which I got permission to hunt I found my first Barber dime from 1914 in pretty good condition about 4 inches down, also found some wheat pennies along with a beautiful 18th century axhead which Still had the Square nails still stuck where the word turns into dirt, then I hit the second property and followed an old walkway that lead from the house to the garage I got a solid steady signal in the mid 40s-50ish on the VDI I dug out a big plug and as I pulled it out it looked like a clump of dirt with some shiny yellowish metal sticking out of it I cleaned it off and told myself no way it's probably just junk chain and put it in my pouch and kept plugging along, I brought it home and cleaned all my finds and BOOM!! 18.85 g of 10k solid gold, my first, and what a beauty she is! Hope you all enjoy!
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 7
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the interesting selection of finds. The spoon, dime and chain are excellent finds. Really enjoy looking at the axe handle.

Thank you for sharing!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting