How about this ice strom ??? off topic.

BJ in Okla.

Feb 26, 2004
Central OK.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ's
We lost our elect at 7 am Monday morn and got it back on about 5 pm Wed. eve.
We have a big oak tree in the front yard, the limbs were all around and on my wifes blazzer, on the roof and on the ground. I had to get out my chain saw and cut the limbs off. They dented the hood and both fenders and broke the wind shield.
Their are still people down here that don't have the elect. back on yet.
Norman got hit hard...
I did not see anything bad in Purcell.
I have a hunting buddy in Del City, they lost elect Sunday night and got it back on tonight.
I have seen a lot of ice storms, but this one was a bad one.
I have a lot of sawing to do before I can go hunting again.
Hope everyone here is OK.
HH...BJ

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
BJ, glad to hear things are going a little better down there. But be careful with the chainsaw, all those little broken twigs that's coated with ice can make footing slippery when cutting. It's almost like standing on marbles so have a safety partner close by.

tjcnok

Sep 29, 2007
Sorry about your ice related problems! Our elect. went out Sunday evening. Didn't come back on till Sat. Night. A long cold week here in rural Creek County! No dammage to vehicles or home, but trees will never be the same. Figuring on just going ahead and cutting the trees around the house down and planting some pecan and Carpathian Walnuts. Lost a week's work. That ain't funny. Everything back up and running right now. Hope no one on this board had any really bad luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread