How do you guys store your detectors ?

Fishingfromakayak

Nov 19, 2015
Mass
Detector(s) used
BH Shooter II, AT Pro, Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you guys store your detectors when you are not using them? Do you hang them on the wall, put them in a closet, just lay them on the floor, have your youngest just stand there and hold it ? Right now I am leaning it on the wall in the basement but am looking for a better way,,,,thinking of making a bracket to hang it from the wall. Thank you for any thoughts.

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When the season is over I do a detailed cleaning of all my gear. I remove the batteries from all gear and lean the detectors in the corner of the craft room. The dust covers, nail aprons, sheaths, and finds pouch get laundered and the Lesche get sharpened. I don't believe you will cause any damage by hanging your detector up.

I have to send my black widow headphoness out to have a new cable installed and my Garrett Pro-Pointer needs to ship out in order to get a new switch installed.

Last season I sent my F75 LTD SE out for upgrade during the down time.

Of course, none of this happens until the ground freezes in northern Ohio.

Looks like I will be dirt fishing through the holidays. Last season my last hunt took place on 1-3-15 and I did not resume until 3-3-15.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I remove the battery's. Learned that one the hard way.

Then I put them in the closet behind my wife's expensive gee-gaws. If a burglar breaks in they will take her stuff and flee.

They won't have room for anything else and leave my detectors alone.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I leave mine hanging on the wall in the garage, of course my garage is heated and stays at 60 degrees. Been doing this for decades, no issues at all.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
When the season is over I do a detailed cleaning of all my gear. I remove the batteries from all gear and lean the detectors in the corner of the craft room. The dust covers, nail aprons, sheaths, and finds pouch get laundered and the Lesche get sharpened. I don't believe you will cause any damage by hanging your detector up.

I have to send my black widow headphoness out to have a new cable installed and my Garrett Pro-Pointer needs to ship out in order to get a new switch installed.

Last season I sent my F75 LTD SE out for upgrade during the down time.

Of course, none of this happens until the ground freezes in northern Ohio.

Looks like I will be dirt fishing through the holidays. Last season my last hunt took place on 1-3-15 and I did not resume until 3-3-15.

Not much down time at all Loco! You must be in the South end of the state. Even still.......I guess we the midwest was mild last year.

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine sits in the spare bedroom leaning against the corner, batteries out. I wipe it down after I use it, I'm obsessed with cleaning all my belongings.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just leaned in a corner as of right now. As my collection grows I might make make some sort of stand or rack. Maybe hook hang them from the ceiling like bikes.....idk.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always used a metal cabinet and always will. Equipment on the bottom, whatever else on top.

Attachments

• 20151220_113322.jpg
    20151220_113322.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 189
  • 20151220_113521.jpg
    20151220_113521.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 186

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Machines that don't get used often go back in their bags for storage. The ones I use every couple of days are cleaned and propped up against the wall in my shop to dry.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine are all on Pegboard hooks in the garage. A metal cabinet next to them holds all the accessories. Another pegboard holds all the extra coils on their own lower rods. See Avatar photo

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine just rolls around in the back of my truck until the next season. :tongue3:

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
I keep it under the bed cuz I don't do the stairs to the basement (where it used to be) anymore.

I am glad of that because, last month, I needed my Stud-Finder/Pin-Pointer on some woodwork. :)

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine stays in the kitchen close to the door and my chargers are on the kitchen table. Every chance I get I grab it and run.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lately I have let Selena Gomez take it home to store in her lingerie drawer ( keeps it dry)

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
IMG_5318.jpg

SHHHHH! She's sleeping.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I made peg holders that hook to the wall above our steps to the basement.

DSCN1554_zpst87asojq.jpg

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I keep mine in equipment bags. Since the machines get used year round the batteries are used up weekly or monthly. At least once per year I do a thorough cleaning and finish with a good car wax (Nuwax, orange bottle). During the year I wipe surface and coil with a clear silicone spray. I use the stuff for granite counter tops. Water and dirt just rolls off.

Last edited:
S

stefen

Toss it next to my saddles...batteries out of course...

Not pets and no special treatment...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread