HOW DOES THE BANK NOT CATCH THIS!!!!

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a box of cwr nickels from a fifth third bank and one of the rolls of nickels was SOLID PENNIES!! It was a shotgun roll so you could see the a penny as an ender. The pennies are to small for the roll and weigh a whole lot less than a roll of nickels. Not that it is a big deal but how does this slip under the radar. HH, Zach.

Upvote 0
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450824057.127551.jpg

Man that sucks. They obviously never checked. I would at least let them know to be on the lookout for this

I have bought half dollar CWR's at my buy bank which were visibly short, 3 or 4 coins short. Obvious when looking at them. I mentioned it and the teller told me that they are trained to accept them without question. I bought them even though they were short.

Bank most likely took the customers word for it. It was not the bank that screwed up, but another CRH screwed you over...

I've had this happen with dimes before. Picked up 11 roles of dimes, all pennies. The bank took them back, but the teller was pretty upset. Not at me, but how someone could do that... Someone hard up for money is my guess.

Teens do this for extra money. My son was telling me about his friend that was bragging about it as a way to make money. Banks around here are wise to it and wont accept rolled coins, they have a counter and make you unwrap them and run them through.

This is why the banks give such a hard time when honest people come in with rolls of coin to cash in. None of the bank of Americas around here will except rolled coin anymore regardless of denomination.I told a bank manager at a BOA that if they are no longer going to except rolls they should get coin counters. They have to give there customers a way to cash in coin. I said if you don't then what's the point of anyone banking with you. He agreed and said it was talked about in a meeting last month. It would be nice for all banks to have coin counters

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back