How NOT to "Take a Break From CRH"

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been forced to take a break from CRH due to a number of pesky real-life interruptions. I haven't searched in weeks.

The problem is, I don't know how to take a break from accepting coin when my CU calls me. I haven't ordered any coin, but I've continued to take bags from the CU every time they call. I'm sitting on $450 in cents and $2k in dimes that need to be sorted and dumped (plus $600 in halves that are searched but need to be dumped). I'll have my work cut out for me when I get back at it. I MUST dump some of this or I won't be able to take any more coin - I'm out of swing funds.

Upvote 0

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say to call your CU and tell them to hold the bag/s until you can pick them up.

BCD11

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Any youngin's, or other kin, that could lend a hand?

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you think of a geekier hobby than this?
I don't really think of it as "geeky" thing to do. You are acquiring a valuable item for a fraction of what it is worth. I haven't sold any of the silver I have found CRHing, but what is geeky about making money?

OP
OP
madwest

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
Any youngin's, or other kin, that could lend a hand?

My daughters love to search coin. Even though they aren't quite old enough to man the helm on the FrankenSorter, they have both asked me to make them a penny sorter of their own. They love to watch the coins fall where they may. Maybe that should be my goal for the ideal sorter - one that a 6yo could run.

If my wife would allow it, I would put a pan of dimes in front of each of them and let them edge search until they grew tired of it. She's not a fan of the coin finger grime that results and barely tolerates them searching halves. In my experience dimes are 20x dirtier. Plus, they are 5 and 6 so they need to have a find every 5-10min or they grow tired of it. Maybe I could salt the pile for them to keep their interest up.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea it is kind of geeky isn't it. oh well, bring on the silver!

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, its pretty geeky, but man its so fun! Don't worry Madwest, I've been stepping up my searching game in your absence but it seems the more I search, the less I find. I'm looking forward to seeing your reconfigured sorter, when time allows of course. It's real life that keeps everything in perspective

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
The addiction is a real problem, but if you have time, then go for it. Most of the people I talked with, think that I'm either enthusiast or a complete psycho for doing a CRH. Well I guess, it looks weird to people if I'm are sitting on a pile of 100$ worth of pennies for a weekend instead of casual laying on a couch in front of TV. Some teller even asked me, when I will lose my interest in doing that. All I can say, man I can't stop the addiction.

BCD11

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
If my wife would allow it, I would put a pan of dimes in front of each of them and let them edge search until they grew tired of it. She's not a fan of the coin finger grime that results and barely tolerates them searching halves. In my experience dimes are 20x dirtier. Plus, they are 5 and 6 so they need to have a find every 5-10min or they grow tired of it. Maybe I could salt the pile for them to keep their interest up.

NOW you're thinkin'! Play your cards right, salt the pile with SOMETHING FOR MAMA and you might get all three sorting dimes.

I feel for ya'! Them females are a crafty lot, ya' gotta watch 'em all the time...and you've got three:wink:.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions