How to bury a cache and keep it safe(pics) - a challenge to you.....

lone_flyer

Greenie
Jul 1, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I studied 3 best books on the subject
Steal This Book
How To Bury Your Goods
How to Hide Anything

And read all I could find on net.
From the net it all boils down to bell method principle and "PVC pipes"

I did 5 test burials...all went bad in short time!

There are many variables involved:

flooding
freezing (a huge huge problem)

If anybody can survive those two (so far impossible), then you have:

animals
metal detector
ground penetrating radar

The most advised option is to have PVC pipes
but it seems like "folk lore" to me because
below zero the cap and the pipe will
flex differently and the seal must brake.

Even if I were to weld them....not glue them like they all advise....

When ice comes the pipe could just be catapulted out of ground.

If you have any pointers I will appreciate very much and
even reward you with a picture/video of an actual burial 8-)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bury it twice as deep as the best metal detectors go with a rock fitting neatly on top of it, rusty nails and tin foil confetti scattered sparsely 6" down.

You might not want to discourage the radar in case you need to find it again. :laughing7:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AlanM, zzzzzzzzppppppppppffffffTTTTTTT! Poof!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or until the electric company guy comes along...Hiding stuff isn't always wise. When my grandmother died, it was told she hid cash in the house, which she probably did. She hid it so good they never found it. My mom did the same thing and we never found it.

Heck I lost one of my best daily used SHOES this am! It got caught up in the bedspread my cat peed on deliberately to get my attention, and I had thrown it downstairs. Found it before I washed the spread.

Last edited:

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You could place a few gold coins in some pop cans and "plant" them in different locations. I would put the coin in, crush it tight so it would not rattle if the can was shaken to give it away and bury one or two in each spot. No one would ever suspect anything valuable in it and be safer than the bank. I know when I dig up a pop can I immediately cover it back up. Just don't forget to have a method of placing them so you don't forget their locations. Maybe mark them with turtles or something. lol

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could place a few gold coins in some pop cans and "plant" them in different locations. I would put the coin in, crush it tight so it would not rattle if the can was shaken to give it away and bury one or two in each spot. No one would ever suspect anything valuable in it and be safer than the bank. I know when I dig up a pop can I immediately cover it back up. Just don't forget to have a method of placing them so you don't forget their locations. Maybe mark them with turtles or something. lol

Crap! When I dig pop cans I put them in my pouch and throw them in the garbage later. How many of your gold coins have I thrown in the garbage!!!!!

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I heard of a cache of coins found in a piece of iron pipe with end caps screwed on. Coins were okay. I don't know how long it was under ground. Gary

PullTabSlayer

Jan 31, 2017
Troy Missouri
Detector(s) used
That one I grab for the day.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PVC Properly primed and glued will work fine, millions of sewer pipes in the ground and they are not popping apart from weather. Personally anything that important I would keep close and accessible.
If the Zombies attack cause they want my stuff, I will fight them off the best I can, and in the end if I lose and the zombies eat my brains, well then they can just have my stuff, I wont need it anymore :occasion14:

Last edited:

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bury it on private property so it's safe. Why give someone a chance to find it.
Gold and silver will be fine underground even if they get wet and dirty. That's one of the traits that makes them good money for thousands of years.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh.....you could try state waters....if someone did find it you be guaranteed that it would take a team of lawyers to straighten it out, and you would eliminate 99% of people from finding it. Dive my friend.....the salt water wont hurt the gold !! Or put it deep in a national park !!
Good old mother ocean....been hiding its gold for millions of years !!

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back in the 70's and 80's all the Mafia guys were putting their South African Krugerrands in PVC pipe and burying them in their gardens or woods behind their houses. Some didn't count on me detecting with a Minelab GPX behind their houses in the 2000s. :tongue3:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This will be a long post, so bear with me : My dad wanted to make a safe in our home back in 1976. Our home was built on a slab and we had the cheaper floor tile. (The type where you just peel the backing off so it was sticky - 1960's home). We moved the bedroom furniture out of his and moms room, and proceeded to cut a 16 x 16 patch of concrete out of the slab with a concrete saw. We dug down about 20 inches to hollow out the hole. We then made a form for a new piece of concrete, inserting 4 - 6 inch PVC caps into it, and poured concrete around the caps. (do not fill caps), and placed 4 screw anchors in the top so we could insert screws wrap a hanger around them, and pull it up. Then we cut 4 pieces of PVC pipe about 14 inches long, and put another cap on the opposite end, anchoring them on with PVC glue. These would attach to the caps in the concrete. Filled tubes with valuables, put slab back in place, put tile back over slab, and their bed went over the whole deal. No damage was ever done to the valuables, and no one except immediate family ever knew that safe was there. That safe is still in the floor, after 46 years (its empty now) and we lost my dad 4 years ago. This type of safe was below ground level, so it was tornado proof, fire proof, and I would even say 99.9 % burglar proof. My dad always like to challenge himself, and it worked ! I do miss him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread