How to return lost jewelry with engravings

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Contact the Marine Corps League or VFW in that city, they probably have a website. Thanks for going the extra mile for a fellow Devil Dog!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years ago I found a abandoned kayak while out fishing in my boat. Called police dept.They said place a ad in the local newspaper for 2 weeks, (lost & found section,cost is zero for the ad ) .No one claimed it,I still have it.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a SS Bracelet Tag last year or so, had the guy's name engraved on it from 1953. Went to Google, Indian Steve found the guy first, or actually his children. I mailed it back to his son and daughter - their keepsake forever. There's many ways to skin a cat, and sometimes Google helps.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the ring has a makers mark you may be able to track down the owner through the maker. It is possible they have a register of the ID numbers.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You could put an add out on Craigslist in the lost and found section. Don't identify the name in it. That's for the owner to tell you. No cost for that either.
I bought my Marine Corps ring at the PX. Did not register it with the mfr. If it's an older ring, the VFW might work as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions