Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin star dimes kept coming into my life.

Teh C-star finds, and CRHing finds are usually on the same forums - I read a few finds, and tried it out. 10 silver halfs my first day, and I was hooked

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The C-star finds, and CRHing finds are usually on the same forums - I read a few finds, and tried it out. 10 silver halfs my first day, and I was hooked.

Silver in my first roll of halves. And no silver in the first 50 rolls of dimes. Dimes are a bit skunky.

OP
OP
D1MES_101

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other

The C-star finds, and CRHing finds are usually on the same forums - I read a few finds, and tried it out. 10 silver halfs my first day, and I was hooked.

Silver in my first roll of halves. And no silver in the first 50 rolls of dimes. Dimes are a bit skunky.

Double post? But it's ok to me. I never tried looking at rejects for coin star finds... No one really uses em where I live they use TD coin counter

Now I see it, instead of editing the post you just reposted it. Idc, and for dimes, they are really good for me. Somedays, I get skunks, but most of the time I get 1-3 silver in mwr dimes. But that's good for me don't do dimes!

Last edited:

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kind of figured it out on my own just searching through the change jar without silver and thinking "how do I get more coins to search through?.. oh duh"

whiteslate

Aug 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was given a world class coin collection to sell for my great aunt... so sad I sold it although I didnt and still dont have the money to buy it or even close, I sold it for her and she said most of it was from her great grandmother who pulled all the silver and old coins from her shop back in the 30s thu the 70s, then I looked at my change from albertsons a week later and found a 1963 dime, btw the collection had over 3000 silver coins most 40% and dimes... I sold it for her for enough to pay off her new car so yes it was amazing, I bought the coins I really liked and thats how I started my collection as well :D she had me sell the coins because I bought 20 oz of silver in 2010 and sold it a year later for trice what I paid for it and she thought I could take most of the coins to my dealler :D

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for state quarters with my son. It morphed from there.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking at pocket change, then bought a "unsearched" lot of wheats online, and got hooked from there

OP
OP
D1MES_101

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking for state quarters with my son. It morphed from there.

I use to collect all the state quarters... I got all 50 of them - then I needed the cash so I just dumped all 50 in the coin counter like 2 years ago... I did have some that were colored and still have them.

Timzim,Sagittarius98, And solid rolls - I'm interestedd in seeing how you guys found out about this

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It started because I had nickel collection book I had just bought at a bookstore, and it struck me that if I wanted to fill it up fast I should go get a few bucks in nickels from the cashier. I was going to Europe and wanted some extra cash, and heard about the wisconsin error quarter, and put two and two together and realized if I searched through a whole f-ton of change I could find whatever I was looking for. Sure enough, I found the error quarter, although I didn't sell it! Still have it to this day. Anyway you can see how it progressed from there.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I realized that the US dollar wasn't backed by anything, I didn't have enough cash to get much gold so I figured might as well buy silver. So I went to the PM dealer and he said the cheapest way would be to buy "junk silver" so I bought a few bucks face and realized that the quarters and the dimes looked like what you see in change daily... So if I couldn't tell the difference other people might not be able to. Therefore, it made sense to go through coins, and where do you get lots of coins? The bank.

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been telling my wife & family this is what I am doing with my Economics degree. Learned about gold & silver backing and in the money supply once upon a time. Started searching pocket change for a year until I found my first silver quarter, then found a silver dime at work. Soon after I asked for halves and got 2.5 oz from my local bank and placed my first order at the same time in March. Came home to look up the silver ones. That day I found TreasureNet. Now I'm hooked. Rest is history.

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
When Iwas 6 years old, Dad brought home the old blue Whitman’s folders for pennies(cents) and it took off from there. Been searching pocket change, rolls and thetill at McDonald's (all through high school). Summer was the best at McDonald's, kids would appropriate (steal) their parentscollections to get to the beach. Silver coins of all denominations and silver certificatesand U S Notes were always found. I still have everything. Been doing this for over 50 years.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
About 2 years ago, I started collecting. I was googling something about coins, and stumbled on this website and decided to try CRH.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 3 years ago, I stumbled on my childhood coin collection. There were some 40% halves in there... I knew '64 and earlier were silver, but didn't know '65-'70 were as well... realized they looked and sounded like silver did some googling, stumbled upon a CRH forum, and gave it a shot... my first $80 produced a '64, my second $150 produced 12 40%ers, and my second-ever box of dimes gave me 24 total... that's all it took for me to find a lifetime addiction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions