Howdy from Texas.

laradactyl

Jan 12, 2016
Kerrville, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I retired to the Texas hill country a few years ago and have just recently decided to try my hand at metal detecting. My only experience was many years ago with a cheap Radio Shack detector with which I located and dug up tons of pull tabs, rusty nails, iron ore, etc (was in East Texas at the time).

I have been reading everything I can find on the internet about detectors and narrowed my choice down to two which I can afford. I am planning to place an order for a detector tomorrow, either the White's Treasure Pro or the Fisher F44. Right now I am leaning heavily toward the Treasure Pro. I'm looking forward to finding all those antique pull tabs and rusty nails in my little acre and a half. At least the iron ore should be quite scarce in this part of Texas.:laughing7:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
happy to have you ( are you laura bush?)

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the party. I think your plans will turn into an addiction and you will spend the rest of your days excited and sometimes disappointed but always striving for more. Good Luck and Happy Hunting

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
laradactyl

laradactyl

Jan 12, 2016
Kerrville, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome folks my new detector should be here tomorrow. I decided on the Whites Treasure Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, and sprung for the Lesche digging tool. My yard should soon think that gophers have arrived.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the welcome folks my new detector should be here tomorrow. I decided on the Whites Treasure Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, and sprung for the Lesche digging tool. My yard should soon think that gophers have arrived.

Study up and practice cutting plugs and recovering targets without impacting the turf... When you branch out from your property, you won't want those gophers chasing you to your neighbors yards!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions