Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting write up in ad - thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
100acre

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not knocking Craigslist or anything but if they are genuine artifacts and extremely rare why wouldn't they bring them to Sotheby's or any other reputable auction house? That's where people with money are going to spend it. Posting an ad on Craigslist right after a used treadmill and some baby formula haha could hurt a future sale.
- That being said, If these are genuine I hope he gets what he wants for them. Thanks for posting!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say they look more woodland to me. I dont see any Paleo flaking on them at all. If they are Paleo my whole collection is much older than I thought and worth a lot.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The largest blade in the ad was displayed at the Paleoamerican Oddysey conference in 2013. By Stanford and Bradley. Also displayed with it were other bipoints from Delmarva and offshore that Stanford and Bradley felt were Solutrean. The exhibit included one of the two blades found to be made of flint from France. The pieces on Craiglist have been for sale as a group for a few years now. Obviously, the Solutrean hypothesis is not proven, and the pieces are open to interpretation. I don't feel qualified to judge them vs. bipoints in general from North America, but there's no doubting Stanford and Bradley included the largest one as part of their evidence for Solutrean and part of the exhibit. You really can't say they are proven Solutrean artifacts, but there is salesmanship involved after all. The hyped interpretation is one possibility.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread