Humble, Tx

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
Hey have any of you ever been over to the old Humble High school built in 1918? I just hunted there with my AT Pro.. Didn't find a THING!!! My buddy dug a wheat cent.. But I'm just wondering if any of you that have been there have had any success? What did you find.. (And I know I shouldn't give away location, but it seems this place is almost hunted out)

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive always found the small town parks and schools that way. Try spreading out away from areas closest to the school. Have to figure the close areas have been hunted over and over

Last edited:

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the old school was between Higgins and Herman streets downtown, but I really dont know. A year or so ago there was some chatter about some demolition of the grounds there and new uses for the buildings. I know there were some instances of being denied permission to dig there.

OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
I thought the old school was between Higgins and Herman streets downtown, but I really dont know. A year or so ago there was some chatter about some demolition of the grounds there and new uses for the buildings. I know there were some instances of being denied permission to dig there.

It is off of Higgins.. We actually got permission from the city..
And while we were detecting there, the mayor of the city came and said, "Do y'all have permission to be detecting here?" And we explained that we had gotten permission from the city offices, so then he stopped questioning us.. he started telling us that some of the dirt was removed from the school when they demolished the gymnasium.. And he started telling us which areas we should hunt.. He was a neat guy!

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will try to dig out the comments about the site from some of my buds that hunt around there. I usually stay in the NW, or Heights areas. I give in Spring, jut off 45 and Cypresswood. Are you on conshootingonline ??

OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
I will try to dig out the comments about the site from some of my buds that hunt around there. I usually stay in the NW, or Heights areas. I give in Spring, jut off 45 and Cypresswood. Are you on conshootingonline ??

Ya the heights area is nice! I live off of 290 in the JV area.. My buddy and I went to love park, talk about a trashy area.. Lol
I'm not on there, is it a houston forum? the only forum I'm on is tnet so far..

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up in Houston, 610 / Irvington area. Graduated in 79 . Lots of good places to hunt down there. Live in Dallas now.

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya the heights area is nice! I live off of 290 in the JV area.. My buddy and I went to love park, talk about a trashy area.. Lol

Yep, local but there are some from San Antone, Austin, Dallas, and a few others. Great site for local stuff.

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Also some Facebook sites that are local. TARC or Tomball detecting club meets in Tomball first Wednesday at 7pm, MARC which is Montgomery County and meet in Oak Ridge on the third Thursday, and there is a Houston Club that meets on a Monday, like the third I think. Also an East Texas and an North Texas Facebook sit for detectors.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Austin ,

A buddy of mine hunted that school right after the dirt was scraped, but he didn't find much. Some wheats have been found recently.

Coinshootingonline is a Texas site. It's a good place to find group hunts or club info.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
Hi Austin , A buddy of mine hunted that school right after the dirt was scraped, but he didn't find much. Some wheats have been found recently. Coinshootingonline is a Texas site. It's a good place to find group hunts or club info. Wayne www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Ya my buddy and I hunted part of the school area.. We met the mayor of Humble and he told us that the dirt by the school hasn't been changed, just the area where the gym was.. But we didn't find but 1 wheatie from the 50's..

And that's a neat website! Thanks for tuning me in!

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been wanting to hunt there since I first got my MD. Disappointed you didn't find anything...seemed like a great place to me. I figured if anyone hunted there it would be a great hunt....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread