Humidity and Heat with results

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMAG2154Butler.jpg Went to a new place with permission. An 80 acre plowed and planted field. There was at least one house place from 1937 so I was hopeful. The RR track is 1000 yards away and had union block houses and a fort guarding the river bridge so I thought there should be some spill over. Anyway got a brass hitching ring first and thought it probably was from the 1800s, and possibly military. Then a 1920 V nickel in horrible condition and wheat ear penny. Guess I may clean the date since you probably cant read it. Got 2 Civil war bullets which always makes my day. Hoping to get out there at least once a week, but harsh conditions are unfolding after two solid weeks of rain with upper 80s and over 50 percent humidity. Expecting a plague of mosquitoes any minute. Better get a malaria shot. Thanks for looking.

Upvote 13

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Same sloshy weather here in TN also with clouds of mosquitos in the bush and any shadows.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Finds A11.
Glad to see you got out , Same here Rain almost 5 days a Week for the past month.
De
f , beats last Summers 'month + of No Rain' & the Skeeters ...Like Slingshot Said "Swarms" Esp, in the Wooded areas I hunt & Outside the House. ..They eat me alive.

If I don't have a full can of 'Off' I can not hunt.

About to head out now , before the rain LOL, Will let u know how I do, Can't promise pictures tho. lol

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might have to bite them back. Congratulations on your finds. There is probably more CW relics at that site. Good luck

HH, RN

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your finds.
Can't take that humidity.
Been trying the natural potions to repel the mosquitos but it looks like eucalyptus oil or Australian tea tree oil isn't doing the trick.
Gotta get me some "OFF"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread