Hung them up

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got tired of my detectors slipping down and crashing on the floor. I went on Amazon and bought some hooks: FOTYRIG Adhesive Wall Hooks Wall Hangers Without Nails 15 pounds and hung my 2 detectors on my office wall. the hooks are small but hold well and you don't need nails or a stud to hang them.

Detectors on the wall.jpg

Of course the pic is sideways......

and the adhesive WILL fail, guaranteed
how strong - over time - is the paint to which the hooks are stuck ?

might work on tile where the substrate will not fail
for an adhesive joint look for the greatest surface area

Last edited:
Billieg, BillA is right. Can your detectors survive the drop? I tried these products a few years ago, for picture frames and such. Just a few weeks later, the frames began falling off the walls. I strongly suggest you find a more secure hanger. They don't all fail, some will.

yes they will fail, had a picture hit the floor at 2 am , very unnerving as it sounded like someone kicked the door down.

There is a product called a Zip-it drywall anchor. They look like a mollie wall anchor but they have a spiral around them that grips the drywall. A Zip-it will hold 50-75 lbs. in 1/2" drywall. Just punch a hole into the drywall with an awl, stick the Zip-it in your drill motor with Philips bit and screw the Zip-it into the drywall. No messing around with toggles and oversized holes.

old school here, have a wood house; thru bolts are real nice

ensure that moisture does not ever swell the plaster-board (I cannot use)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back