Hunt Buddy North Austin/Pflugerville/Round Rock?

PICCman

May 20, 2007
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / DetectorPro HH
Just northeast of ya'll (5 hours), but had to say hello and share.
Was in the Austin area last week and made plans to stop and visit
the "slab" on the Llano, just outside Kingsland on the way home.
Way cool area!! Only had enough time to spend one day, but brought
both water and land MDs. Found alot of trash (can slaw, bottle tops,
pull tabs) but did manage to find some clad, but no jewelry. Met a
couple from minnesota that were down south on vacation; panning
for some color.....don't think he ever found any.

Good luck on your next adventure!!

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
I will trade you locations! I love the Round Rock area. Myleo and myself have hunted out there a bit.

HH

BubbaJon

Greenie
Nov 29, 2009
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes
Hey - anyone still up for hunting buddies in this area? Just located here and it would be nice to go out with someone who knows the ropes.
Jon

llong

Aug 30, 2011
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Newbie to MD and to this forum. Saw this topic and wanted to reply, even though it is kinda old. Do any of ya'll ever hunt in Old Settlers Park? Is it allowed? Thanks.

texwolf

Jul 31, 2009
Kerrville Texas
Detector(s) used
White's VX3. (White's Spectrum XLT) (FISHER 1280-X UNDERWATER) (Whites 6000 Di Detector Series 3 Frankenstein)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey over here in the heart of the hill country, Kerrville drop by and well do some detecting!

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old settlers park,the 1st one is located in the Sprouts shopping center,all the way to that creek and all the way down to the railroad tracks.The 2nd. one the New Old settlers park seems that it might give up some nice finds on the 5th. hole green on the Disc golf course,the one that's by the old red barn on the other side of the barbwire fence.Round Rock is growing so fast,that all the good places are now strip centers or houses. :dontknow:

llong

Aug 30, 2011
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thanks, Tex. I'll try to look you up if I get to Kerville.

Produce Guy, Yeah, I remember the original Old Settlers. I'm new to detecting, but not new to Round Rock. There were 4,900 people here when I moved here. The problem I have is knowing where it's ok to detect and where not. Still learning. Any info. or advice is welcome. Thanks.

sleepyd

Sep 19, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Hello Fellow Texans

Grew up in Texas but live in Tampa but get to Texas 4-5 times per year. We have family ranch near Bryan/College Station area. Have 185 acres on our place and know many neighbors with land. Have more places to hunt than time. Still new to my Spectra V3i. It is a good idea to have hunt buddie when your neighbors are out of sight and not within yelling distance if something happens (snakebite, heart attack .......). Going to be at the ranch the first week of October. We are two miles from the almost capital of Texas ghost town of Wheelock.

SleepyD

llong

Aug 30, 2011
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hey Sleepyd,

How did your detecting go? Wheellock brings back memories. First time I went deer hunting was near there in 1963.

jasonbo

Nov 1, 2005
Round Rock, Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace250 / Cibola
The old settlers park is on the creek by the church next to churches chicken. some very very old pecan trees back there. Tons of no tresspassing signs. in its heyday there used to be a old settlers celebration where all the civial war vets would come down and meet. there would be a faire, parade through town and they would all camp along the banks at old settlers park. I spent alot of time reading micros at library. when i asked for it i had to show them how the machine worked.

Sallysue

Oct 31, 2012
Tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New at it also but ready and retired in Temple and Belton area pm me

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in north,northeast Austin,south of Palmer Lane & north of Braker lane,I'm semi-new to this hobby,& have my own Ace 250 and am willing to travel,usually off by noon everyday .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread