austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
2 words, El Paso. There aib't no escapin skeeters in our state, unless you head west, west Texas that is. Treasure out there and no skeeters. Chisos Montains in Big Bend...

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 words, El Paso. There aib't no escapin skeeters in our state, unless you head west, west Texas that is. Treasure out there and no skeeters. Chisos Montains in Big Bend...

Hey, that sounds like a plan. When do we leave?8-)

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to say that my metal detecting forays have been far less than satisfying lately with the 100 degree heat and ravaging mosquitos. I Try getting out early before the heat, I get absolutely relentlessly attacked by the blood sucking devils.

Signed,

Frustrated in Texas

Well now.... I can't help ya with your Texas problem but if it makes you feel better I got 15-20 chigger bites eating the hell out of my ankles here in Tennessee. I didn't weed wack for awhile or spray where my grandson and I were shooting the .22's and for some reason I GOT THEM ON MY ANKLES.... but he doesn't....? I'll trade your mosquito problem (for now) for these chiggers.

There is a DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Mom had us coat the chiggers with nail polish - suffocates them....

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ah yes, I remember chiggers. Back when I was a kid we would visit my aunt's farm near Columbia, TN and she sent us out picking blackberrys. She would rub kerosene on my brother and I's ankles.......didn't help much though, I would scrath 'till I bled. Fortuneatly they are scarce in my stomping grounds.

Great song by the way!

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah yes, I remember chiggers. Back when I was a kid we would visit my aunt's farm near Columbia, TN and she sent us out picking blackberrys. She would rub kerosene on my brother and I's ankles.......didn't help much though, I would scrath 'till I bled. Fortuneatly they are scarce in my stomping grounds.

Great song by the way!

Columbia TN. is only about 15 miles from me. Go there often. Yea, I scratched them till they bleed and then rubbed down with bleach.... I'm back among the "living" now. But they can be brutal if you get really laced with them! This attack barely hits my radar as compared to whats happened before. Good luck with your skeeter problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread