I found a really big sign

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Got a Chinese knockoff brand off Amazon. Now I don’t know how to use it or where to even begin.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot identify which business it was from but I’m really excited about this one. It says “Agency Franklin Laundry” on the front side of the sign. There’s nothing on the backside of the sign, but rust. I think this is probably a local business, but nonetheless a great piece of history.

It was very windy yesterday, but I came away with more finds. I have a really cracked up Washington DC Chero-cola, a “Columbia Bottling Wrks Registered In Washington DC contents 7 fluid ozs.” And another A. C. Herman bottle. This is my third one, and my largest. It’s melted, however.

Hopefully one of you would be able to provide insight as to the origins of this sign. I cannot find any info on any local laundry’s of this name, so if anyone knows something about this, let me know.

Here’s the finds:
13410620-66F5-4B73-BBDC-8A23914FCB2A.jpeg

Full sign. “Agency Franklin Laundry” what an amazing piece of local history!

image.jpg

“Columbia Bottling Wrks” I haven’t found this before I’ve seen a little information on this bottle, but I have to invest a little more time in researching this bottle, and the company.

image.jpg

Other side of the bottle. “Registered Washington DC Contents 7 Fluid Ozs”

5832B863-A9D7-45C6-9627-D754B7FC511C.jpeg

Chero-cola from Washington DC. It’s in rough shape, as I had to glue it back together because it was broken when I found it. Still wanted to clean it up and preserve it since it’s my first Chero cola.

That about wraps up the hunt. I think that sign was probably my top 5 artifact I’ve ever found. I hope to find more information on it and where it’s from.

Attachments

• 5E351586-2CE0-4EFD-9B76-CD6FED5538D9.jpeg
    5E351586-2CE0-4EFD-9B76-CD6FED5538D9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • EB597910-1FDC-44FC-9171-57CA870ADD27.jpeg
    EB597910-1FDC-44FC-9171-57CA870ADD27.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 16

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot identify which business it was from but I’m really excited about this one. It says “Agency Franklin Laundry” on the front side of the sign. There’s nothing on the backside of the sign, but rust. I think this is probably a local business, but nonetheless a great piece of history.

It was very windy yesterday, but I came away with more finds. I have a really cracked up Washington DC Chero-cola, a “Columbia Bottling Wrks Registered In Washington DC contents 7 fluid ozs.” And another A. C. Herman bottle. This is my third one, and my largest. It’s melted, however.

Hopefully one of you would be able to provide insight as to the origins of this sign. I cannot find any info on any local laundry’s of this name, so if anyone knows something about this, let me know.

Here’s the finds: View attachment 2143279

View attachment 2143280
“Columbia Bottling Wrks” I haven’t found this before I’ve seen a little information on this bottle, but I have to invest a little more time in researching this bottle, and the company.

View attachment 2143281

View attachment 2143282
Chero-cola from Washington DC. It’s in rough shape, as I had to glue it back together because it was broken when I found it. Still wanted to clean it up and preserve it since it’s my first Chero cola.

That about wraps up the hunt. I think that sign was probably my top 5 artifact I’ve ever found. I hope to find more information on it and where it’s from.
Us knowing the area of the country you found the sign would make it easier to possibly find info on the company?

That being asked, I did find some possible vague info that could be true from around 1922.....

"Agency Franklin Laundry 200 Seventh Street S. W. Washington D.C."

OP
OP
Fossil_adult

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Got a Chinese knockoff brand off Amazon. Now I don’t know how to use it or where to even begin.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023

View attachment 2143280

View attachment 2143281

View attachment 2143282

Very cool finds👍

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2143280

View attachment 2143281

View attachment 2143282

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions