I found the key to the nice and naughty rooms

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well before the hunt got cut short by a concerned and uniformed citizen, I was able to score a key out of the tot lot.

Naughty.jpg Nice.jpg

My hunting buddy was trying out a AT Pro. Found a clad quarter at 8 inches. The pinpoint takes a little practice but we finally got it out of the plug. The F75 pulled a nice clean signal at 60% percent sens on All Metal. Both machines correctly identified depth and coin at 8 inches. Besides the pin point issue, 8 inches seems t be about the limit of the AT Pro for this park. The deeper targets were very faint signals, so a good set of head phones is required.

A local lady was concerned about the digging and was confused about the park designated as historical park. The police were called and said have at it. This uniformed person kept peeking around the corner and wanted to come back over and say something but didnt. Due to keeping the peace we finally cut the hunt short and left with our finds. On our way out we noticed several holes not covered or improperly dug plugs. The plugs were too shallow and was made at angles instead of traight down using the have circle method. Holes were no more that 3 inches deep which means a probe would have sufficed. I see this park off limits soon.

The rules are you have to be permitted for any of the 104 city parks we have. The park does not have a historical designation. The whole freaking town is historical. I do have permits which are free at he parks and recreation office. Digging or digging tools are not allowed, but probing is. Times are changing. As some of you noticed the only crime here was my buddy actually was digging plugs. Im a tot lot man myself. More finds and quicker hunts that way.

Anyway, while my buddy was exetremly upset, I know I was right and would have been nice enough to explain the error in her ways nicely of course. The parks are for everyone.

Upvote 8

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice key , always seeing something new to me here !

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with us

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have only ran into one person that acted anti-detecting at parks around here, but he never said anything....just huffed and puffed a lot, lol. I made sure to walk over and talk to him, to give him an opportunity to ask any questions or voice any concerns he had, but he never did. He watched me pick up surface trash for a bit and then decided he'd do the same. He just wasn't very friendly at all.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still hunt parks. But ready to get back out in the dry washes and hundred year old trees.......

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been spending more time this year on permission hunts, Casca. I did go back to most of the parks I did last year with the new detector in the spring just to see if it might find things the old detector missed. Of course, I guess depth is the only way to tell it was there the last time I was there, lol.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every time I look I see this post at the top.

Really funny title. Makes people wonder what the "naughty room" is I am sure!

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a sad note, I was informed the lady who complained went behind us after we left and pulled the plugs out of the holes she could find and took pictures. What is wrong with people.

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On a sad note, I was informed the lady who complained went behind us after we left and pulled the plugs out of the holes she could find and took pictures. What is wrong with people.

If that's true, she needs whooped with a Sampson T handle 31 incher!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One word; "Pyscho"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread