Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since I believe that the detecting season is over for me for this year I counted up all my clad(excluding the pennies) and came up with $125.30. This past weekend I tumbled it and today I brought it to my bank's Coinstar. I have just ordered the Makro Racer 2 headphones from Bart's with 5 dollars to spare. What are you doing with your clad, and how much did you get this year?

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent total. Didn't really track mine this year, I know I cashed in $50 from fall hunting, but I had a couple good clad spots, and usually I get around $20 a month during typical summer months of hunting. My cash gets set aside for fun things, detecting related or not, that I might want. I have been thinking about getting a new detector in the spring that I will probably use it on.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Good idea. Dumped my change to ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481587494.277376.jpg count it up.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
This past season I hit too many spots with nothing but trash, no cash.

Those 17 quarters I found today in the local coinstar sure brightened my day! All of them new ones. I'm hitting the dirt again Wednesday, and that will hopefully put me at the $100 level for this year in clad.

Susan, at least I'm not in Minnesota! Though we're supposed to see 12 degrees Thursday :(

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This past season I hit too many spots with nothing but trash, no cash.

Those 17 quarters I found today in the local coinstar sure brightened my day! All of them new ones. I'm hitting the dirt again Wednesday, and that will hopefully put me at the $100 level for this year in clad.

Susan, at least I'm not in Minnesota! Though we're supposed to see 12 degrees Thursday :(

Definitely time to take the batteries out of the detector.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your purchase. :icon_thumleft: Nothing better than finding free money. I'm at $310 for the season. My preference is to hunt permissions in town, but I do get out and clean up on some clad. The clad has been cleaned and rolled, except for the pennies. I deposit my rolled coins into my hobby account at the end of the season. The pennies will get cashed in via a coin star machine and the proceeds will also be deposited. A used coil just came in today, paid for with detecting money. This is a great hobby that can pay for itself.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Cashed out at $185.00 and a pile of pennies. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481594712.810831.jpg

Found some silver rings but no gold this year. So I'm expecting 2017 to be more productive. Planing on doing some traveling to new sites. A good scoured is over due.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a mason quart jar full. Don't think I'll count it out but lots of quarters, a $5 bill and a $1 bill.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out 32 times this year for $72.22 and still going although it's cold here in California being in the 60's and all.:laughing7: 4 rings also 2x gold 1 silver 1 tungsten.

OP
OP
Dr. Witty

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i'm sincerely thinking of trashing the pennies i got. I've been trying this year to just trash the zinc ones when i dig em up but for some reason a bunch of them still made it in my stash. Maybe when the snow is really high, i'll go through them. It probably wont be long till that happens.

OP
OP
Dr. Witty

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow 800 dollars, that's a lot of diggin'. I started late this year on account of getting back into quad copter racing, but a few good crashes in to light posts around my course got me back and swinging in no time.:laughing9:

Trapper340

Aug 21, 2016
Lebanon missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For starting this metal detecting journey on Aug 13 2016. I've acquired $57.46. 3.46 is in penny's and not added to the total is a 5.00 bill.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
So far I've been out 40 times this year. Need to pick up the pace!

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was my first year detecting. My clad total as of 12/13/16 is $409.66.........
Spent $169.50 at the PAN show to fill in a dozen or so holes in my Dansco coin books..........
Spent $97.50 on 2106 Silver Eagles for 5 grandkids and 1 great grandson.........
The rest stays "on account" for next season.........
Also netted 14 silver rings (and a multitude of silver jewelry odds and ends), 1 gold ring.........1 silver and the gold ring were returned to their owners.
Only 17 silver coins found me this year, but I did manage to squeeze in all the "more contemporary" silver coins and a couple of less common finds.
Everything unearthed this year was with a Tesoro Compadre..........there is a Tesoro Vaquero waiting in the wings for use come spring........

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
By the way, I track my adventures using a database I downloaded from this thread when it was still available:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/free-stuff/111112-treasure-hunting-database-i-created-free.html

I have a cleaned up version (my adventures deleted) if anyone wants it - just send me your e-mail address. I love it to death, and it's going to start showing things from now through the next season. Sounds like what I want to see next year :)

There was also another freeware program offered there. You fill it in after each hunt and watch it grow, so you know exactly what you found during the season.

I believe in record keeping!

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I see some of you keep track of how many times you went out detecting. Might try that this coming year. I tried it in the past but I over complicated it by also recording the time spent, amount collected and a break down of denomination., location , plus detector and coil used. No wonder I stopped doing it after a short while.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, I track my adventures using a database I downloaded from this thread when it was still available:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/free-stuff/111112-treasure-hunting-database-i-created-free.html

I have a cleaned up version (my adventures deleted) if anyone wants it - just send me your e-mail address. I love it to death, and it's going to start showing things from now through the next season. Sounds like what I want to see next year :)

There was also another freeware program offered there. You fill it in after each hunt and watch it grow, so you know exactly what you found during the season.

I believe in record keeping!

I keep a journal of finds also.mine is hardcopy though.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see some of you keep track of how many times you went out detecting. Might try that this coming year. I tried it in the past but I over complicated it by also recording the time spent, amount collected and a break down of denomination., location , plus detector and coil used. No wonder I stopped doing it after a short while.

my journal is simple date/place/any thing special(ring/necklace/wheaties/etc.) and amount found.and I keep a running total.just count the dates and you have how many times.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It was a lot of digging. Something like 3000-4000 pennies over the course of the year, were included in that count... which is sad, because 3000 of ANYTHING ought to be worth more than $30. LOL

Skippy, have you retired yet? Good gracious, you blow me away! And I AM retired!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread