I just sold a ring to Midwest Refineries, got nice check

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I have several rings found with my metal detector and one of the members here suggested that you can sell your precious metal finds to Midwest Refineries. Well I had never done it before so I thought I would send one ring in to see what would happen. The ring I sent had part silver and part gold so it was hard for me to calculate the weight/value. I got the check today (7/15/06) for it and I was very pleasantly surprised with the amount! And the turn around time was quick. I sent the ring to them on July 5. When I sent it I did buy insurance from the Post Office in case anything happened to it. Again, I was impressed with the service and price I got at Midwest Refineries.

Upvote 0

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

Attachments

• Cap tooth.JPG
    Cap tooth.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 564

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PFFFT you aked for it AP ;D

Surfmaster

Jun 10, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur 1000 & 800, Sovereign Elite & GT
I just sent them over 3oz of scrap gold. So I'm really interested in seeing if it was worth it or not as this would be my first time selling scrap. I wonder, what was the turnaround time? How long did it take before you got a check? I've heard that Midwest is the best
place to send scrap gold. HH

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surfmaster said:
I just sent them over 3oz of scrap gold. So I'm really interested in seeing if it was worth it or not as this would be my first time selling scrap. I wonder, what was the turnaround time? How long did it take before you got a check? I've heard that Midwest is the best
place to send scrap gold. HH

turnaround time about 5 business days.........

GFBurke

Sep 1, 2015
South Idaho
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an old post, but did a search for 'meling rings'. Pretty cool. I wasn't sure if "10k" could just be melted down into a less-amount 24K. etc.
Wasn't sure what people here do or the processes. Checked out Midwest. As being a pc tech, it does suck that they don't do computer scrap, as I do collect that as well.
Anyways, I just found this site - pretty awesome calculator! 10K Gold Melt Value Calculator
(that's the 10k page, but you can change that up there under gold menu)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an old post, but did a search for 'meling rings'. Pretty cool. I wasn't sure if "10k" could just be melted down into a less-amount 24K. etc.
Wasn't sure what people here do or the processes. Checked out Midwest. As being a pc tech, it does suck that they don't do computer scrap, as I do collect that as well.
Anyways, I just found this site - pretty awesome calculator! 10K Gold Melt Value Calculator
(that's the 10k page, but you can change that up there under gold menu)

I don't sell to Midwest any more even though they are only couple miles from me an I can walk in. I sell all my scrap Gold and Silver to ARA Refineries as do many other's here. ARA pays 98% and will send back any stones. Midwest kept a gold ring saying it wasn't gold but wouldn't send it back. It tested 14 KT.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Sandman - I use ARA after ALOT of research on the subject and trying many different refineries - They have always been great, quick turn around, easy to get a hold of, and pay 98% spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread