I keep breaking things. AT pro and pro pointer AT

ErGarber

Feb 17, 2016
Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I bought my AT pro used and it came with head phones and Propointer AT. My first few trips I had no clue what was going on so I did not know how things were supposed to work. Looking back everything worked flawless. Now I broke the conector on my headphones and the sound on my propointer quit. Am I being too hard on my gear?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have the propointer AT, you may just have the sound turned off....
Garrett makes tough equipment but I have broke 2 pin pointers and the arm cuff on my AT pro.....get the gray ghost headphones, they are tough.

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How often do you throw your gear? just kidding I agree with diggerinva get better headphones they are as important as the detector imo.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I would suggest the Grey Ghost NDT for you.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I've wrecked a couple headphones.
Also have had to dig dried mud out of the pro-pointers speaker holes a few times.
And have had my thumb over the holes too wondering why it's so quiet.:laughing7:

OP
OP
E

ErGarber

Feb 17, 2016
Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have the propointer AT, you may just have the sound turned off....
Garrett makes tough equipment but I have broke 2 pin pointers and the arm cuff on my AT pro.....get the gray ghost headphones, they are tough.

How do I turn the sound back on. I have tried every way I can think of to turn it back on. Should I send it back to Garrett? Like I said it is not sensitive either. I have to literally touch a coin in order for it to pick up.

Donj I haven't thrown this gear. I got over my temper problems before getting a detector.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Press and release button.
Now press button again and hold it for couple of seconds. It will vibrate between one and three times which silent mode it's in. One is the weakest.

Now press and release quickly. Each time should be a new setting. There are 6 settings. If you make it to the sound settings. (1 beep-low, 2 beep-medium, 3 high) Then into vibrate, (1 one-to-one, 2 medium, 3-high) when your at the setting you want, hold the button down a couple of seconds it will beep or vibrate twice and its set...if you get into settings and accidentally change them and press nothing fatter 5 seconds the accidental change is set.

Hopefully I wrote that right and you can fix the problem.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to have a shovel to dig with. I tried using my detector but it broke too, try using a shovel and your detector will last longer.

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nope you're not, that's how crappy the products Garrett makes for their customers. Sucks, I know. But I've had to replace broken parts on my old AT PRO over a half a dozen times before I finally tossed it. HH!

OP
OP
E

ErGarber

Feb 17, 2016
Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Press and release button.
Now press button again and hold it for couple of seconds. It will vibrate between one and three times which silent mode it's in. One is the weakest.

Now press and release quickly. Each time should be a new setting. There are 6 settings. If you make it to the sound settings. (1 beep-low, 2 beep-medium, 3 high) Then into vibrate, (1 one-to-one, 2 medium, 3-high) when your at the setting you want, hold the button down a couple of seconds it will beep or vibrate twice and its set...if you get into settings and accidentally change them and press nothing fatter 5 seconds the accidental change is set.

Hopefully I wrote that right and you can fix the problem.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I read the manual but I couldn't find this information. I wish I could of read this before yesterday. I might of found more. I gave up on a lot of holes because I couldn't locate.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The headphone wire that either broke by the plug or by the headphones is problematic with all except for wireless.
Yours being used. You just never know the abuse it suffered before it's arrival to you.

OP
OP
E

ErGarber

Feb 17, 2016
Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The headphone wire that either broke by the plug or by the headphones is problematic with all except for wireless.
Yours being used. You just never know the abuse it suffered before it's arrival to you.

I was just thinking today how cool it would be to have wireless headphones for my detector. I have them for my music. Where do I find such a thing?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread