I lost my head over 2000 years ago!

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this area and i'm stuck on it. I have found a lot of coins there From Philip II to Alexander III. It means 359 BC to 323 BC. It is not strange that i haven't found newer coins.
I have been saying that i won't go back there till winter comes but i can't help going back every day.
Yesterday i had nothing to do so my first thought to check what i had left there.
After some 300 BC coins, near some bushes i had a high tone. I thought it could be a big coin or some bronze scrap.
When it came out it was like it was thanking me for taking him out of the ground.
I heard a voice: i am looking for my head, can you please find it for me?
I searched all over the place but nothing was there. [emoji12]

I am not 100% sure if it is a tiny statue because of its neck. It is too thick in proportion with its body. I thought even of a very small knife, but it is also so small?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471776384.790282.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471776450.079563.jpg

Then i head a brilliant idea. :tongue3:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471776525.649300.jpg

Also these coins:

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471776587.641616.jpg

I think i will keep it like this
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471776650.697072.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471776928.842223.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471776967.990448.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

No idea what this one can be!!

image.jpeg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471786739.942606.jpg

This one looks like an arrow!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471786810.030000.jpg

Thank you all for watching and many thanks to mother nature, who saved them for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 12

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks great! I think you should hammer that area as much as you can. Finding a honeyhole like that might be a once in a lifetime experience, get what you can now, and the rest in the winter. Nice finds all around. The little figurine is interesting and a goddess with upraised arms is associated with Minoan culture, a culture that directly preceded the Mycenaean and Ancient Greece. That's a short bit of research and might be on the wrong track, but its a starting place.

Last edited:

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if that could be what's left of an old hand made fork? It looks a little like what's left of some older three prong type forks I've found before but very old.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are always on to some amazing sites, most of us would pay to hunt one of these places you visit...and you go there every day...jealoussssss.Wow and a big congrats on all you find.

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks great! I think you should hammer that area as much as you can. Finding a honeyhole like that might be a once in a lifetime experience, get what you can now, and the rest in the winter. Nice finds all around. The little figurine is interesting and a goddess with upraised arms is associated with Minoan culture, a culture that directly preceded the Mycenaean and Ancient Greece. That's a short bit of research and might be on the wrong track, but its a starting place.

Hi David,
Thanks a lot.
I will try 🙂
You might be right. I did a quick research and i found that the gesture of raised arms was conected with the shape of the costelation of Orion in mithology.
It might be also a fork but it is so small.
I doubt about the neck but i saw others on google and the neck was very disporpotional with the head.
I hope it is someone with raised arms.

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if that could be what's left of an old hand made fork? It looks a little like what's left of some older three prong type forks I've found before but very old.

Hi Sleepy,
It can be.
First i thought it was a little knife but i changed my mind because the part 'behind' is flat while the front side has some relief. But everything is possible.

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi David,
Thanks a lot.
I will try ��
You might be right. I did a quick research and i found that the gesture of raised arms was conected with the shape of the costelation of Orion in mithology.
It might be also a fork but it is so small.
I doubt about the neck but i saw others on google and the neck was very disporpotional with the head.
I hope it is someone with raised arms.

I went that direction first, because it reminds me of a figurine that I have seen before, even though I really can't remember where. It just looks to be related to me.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Vince, that item could be many things, but to my eye it appears to be half of a Celtic style votive figurine (you may be looking at it upside down, it has its head but is missing the lower half) similar to the "Horse and Rider" sets that seem to have been culturally significant due to their wide archaeological distribution:

an-appealing-stylised-celtic-bronze-warrior-votive-figurine-from-germany.-sold-[2]-1011-p.jpg

They human portion often had one or both arms raised but your piece could be something else entirely, just throwing ideas.

Also, that "arrow" looks a great deal like the end of a Roman Pilum, albeit rather small.

Great finds, keep it up!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look like a strap-junction.

''No idea what this one can be!!''

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Vince,

As always, more of your' awesome and extremely old finds! Make sure to visit the location a day or two after some good soaking rains. Old metal objects give off an electrical field the longer they are in the ground and the electrical field spreads much greater once soaking rain water reaches the depths of the objects and makes them give a stronger signal to a metal detector. It's amazing how a person can metal detect a spot and remove lots of items and think there is nothing left but if they return after a soaking rain, there will likely be many more signals to dig.

Good luck!

Frank

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plumbata
Also, that "arrow" looks a great deal like the end of a Roman Pilum, albeit rather small.

Hey man.
You are right. From now i'm gonna dig every signal. There are a lot of horse or other animal nails and i'm tired digging the ferrous sound signals. But from now i'm gonna dig eveeeeryyyy signal.

Thanks man

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are always on to some amazing sites, most of us would pay to hunt one of these places you visit...and you go there every day...jealoussssss.Wow and a big congrats on all you find.

And i can go any time cause it's just 30 mins from where i live [emoji12]

I have been last year at the same hill but on the west side and i found only some nails. I got back at the same place. i found two very tiny coins and so i decided to search better. When i got to the east side of the hill the coins begun coming up.
I think it was luck.

Thanks Villagenut

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look like a strap-junction.

''No idea what this one can be!!''

You are right Cru. This one is a tiny one so i think it was used for decoration stuff!

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vince,

As always, more of your' awesome and extremely old finds! Make sure to visit the location a day or two after some good soaking rains. Old metal objects give off an electrical field the longer they are in the ground and the electrical field spreads much greater once soaking rain water reaches the depths of the objects and makes them give a stronger signal to a metal detector. It's amazing how a person can metal detect a spot and remove lots of items and think there is nothing left but if they return after a soaking rain, there will likely be many more signals to dig.

Good luck!

Frank

Yes Sir,
For sure i will do.
I will be the protector of this area [emoji3]
Time flies away and after three months i will get to work.
Thank you Frank.

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need some more help.
Maybe with your help i can ID better this coin;

View attachment 1350180
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471810906.043079.jpg

Thank you mates

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WHATEVER IT IS SURE IS A INTERESTING FIND ....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread