I love coin spills!-two dimes and one penny

Lilly0fA

Feb 13, 2015
Washington State
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I found my first silver Roosevelt dime! In fact there were two of them! To date, I have only found 6 silver dimes, and they are all Mercury dimes. There was something neat about pulling the first silver Rosie out of the hole! 1957 was out first, but then the pinpointer was still going off in the hole. I then located the second object, which turned out to be two coins. Behold; a second Roosevelt dime and a wheat penny stuck together!! Here is the 1963D and the 1958 wheatie.

I am definitely going back to this location! There were wheat pennies everywhere! I think it was a "virgin" site. There were only two silver so far but I had to leave for the day!

IMG_4020.JPG image1.JPG image2.JPG

The best things in life are _______? Free? ✔ In the ground? ✔

***********************UPDATE***************************
I went back today 9/14 and found a pretty silver 1962 Canadian dime! It was only 2-3 inches down and rang up like an old penny! I think that's because the Canadian dimes are only 80% silver. I am hoping there's more as I continue to find wheat pennies! 1944s, and 1957 d wheat pennies and a 1945 Canadian penny.

IMG_4081.JPG IMG_4094.JPG IMG_4096.JPG

9/17/15 update:
Ok so I went back today and found yet another silver Canadian dime! It's funny as it's also a 1962, just like the first Canadian dime. 1962 is the year! I also found 4 wheat pennies today, a marble, and a Cub Scout neck piece. I can't wait to see what else shows up! This place is a treasure mine :)

IMG_4133.JPG FullSizeRender (1).jpg FullSizeRender (2).jpg

9/22/15 update:

Well, I started to think things were drying up at this site. After a long day of searching and finding about $1.20 in clad, 4 wheat pennies, the sun started to set. I was frustrated as there had been 4 wheaties all from the '50s. I thought; 'Where is the darn silver??!' It seems that the best finds have a pattern of showing up at the end of the day! Funny how that works....The detector hit a high tone, repeatable two ways. It was ringing up like a quarter. I thought it sounded suspect but thought it was too high of a frequency for a dime. So I dug it up...Out pops this Mercury! :) It's a 1943s! The site is an area where there was a preschool in the 1960s. So perhaps it was dropped in the '60s? What a pretty one. This park has been great to me! Just when I think there are no more left... IMG_4154.JPG IMG_4157.JPG IMG_4159.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 18

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garrett424 thank you!! yes they totally are! I know, I'm working on it!! Today I found another Canadian silver dime (see above) also from the same year!

Another one eh??
You're tearin' it up!!

I STILL haven't found a silver coin this year. There have been many great finds but as of right now; no silver coins.

Anyway, keep up the good work. Looks like you've found a great spot.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ! Lilly - Welcome to T-net ! You have a really nice site there - we all dream of a sweet spot like that . Keep em coming !!!

OP
OP
Lilly0fA

Lilly0fA

Feb 13, 2015
Washington State
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett424: Just wait...they turn up; I promise! It can be frustrating. It may be the sites you're going to? Sometimes it takes research and reviewing the history of certain areas to produce silver. Things were slow for me earlier this year with silver. Then I quit the sites I have been going to and found new ones to try out. Then they started showing up a lot more often.

Argentium: Thanks! It has been great! I found my fifth silver today from that park! See above. 1943s Mercury. There have been like 12 wheaties as well.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver saves

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang, you're really tearin' it up at that site!!
MORE congrats to you.

You need to keep going back. I would also try it after a good rain. Sometimes when the ground is wet those deep targets become more visible to your detector.
You definitely found a great spot. Keep it up.

Oh btw, I finally dug a 1964 Rosie. I hit a spot back in the woods where people used to hang out and party back in the day.
So, you were right!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
now dont get spoiled...we can only expect 3 silvers per site..:laughing7:...you are rocking that site.go get em..:occasion14:

OP
OP
Lilly0fA

Lilly0fA

Feb 13, 2015
Washington State
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett424: That's a good idea about the rain! I haven't thought of that before and the rain is definitely going to show up over here! CONGRATS on your first silver of the year!!!! Awesome!!!! I bet there are more out there in that area!

Bigfoot1: lol Thanks! I actually went to a different site today and found a '46 Rosie. I've searched practically all of the site mentioned in this post...Perhaps I'll go back though

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread