🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
The popping noise is usually something close to being discriminated out. I have the Mojave and Compadre and love both but the Compadre is the only one that I can cover a dime with pop tabs and still get a dig signal on the dime. I just set the discrimination until the pop tabs disappear. It doesn't work with any of my other detectors including the Mojave with a 5 ¾ inch coil.

Well i dig everything so that wouldn't a problem

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sucks. I would not buy nothing from a dealer that false advertises. I also see another black one from a different dealer with a 5" coil.

I wouldn't doubt if its the same as the seller you mentioned that I checked with. According to Tesoro those are not available in the US and no dealer can sell them in the US. It's funny that the sellers that post those black ones are also charging more than anyone else for the detector. Probably the only way to get someone to buy a $160 detector for $190 lol

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Picketwire is right on! In most cases it will pop/click on one pass and on the next the discriminator circuitry tends to completely disc the object out. In "clean" playground areas I tend to keep the disc below foil and scoop up all the non precious and some small gold jewelry. Otherwise, in between foil and nickel and dig everything...works for me using the Tesoro Outlaw! :icon_thumleft:

GL & HH

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To all the above if you have a Cibola or Vaquero with a 5.75" concentric and didnt have soil conditions only mild (as those have stated) and were choosing to go with either a Compadre vs the Mojave why would you spend more on the Mojave, the Compadre 8" will do you fine, Mojave might be just a bit deeper....maybe but stand it up against the Compadre you would be surprised.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had to choose one, it would be the mojave. I have very mild ground and live my compadres, but the mojave wasn't available when I purchased mine. If I had it to do over again and was only trying to buy one, I'd buy the mojave. Just in the off chance I hunted somewhere I needed to use the ground switch. As far as I can tell, the Mojave has most of the same magic dust the compadre has for finding small good and stuff.
That being said I'm glad I have them all. The compadre is a wonderful intro machine to let people interested in the hobby use. Can't get confused with one knob lol

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before the mojave was available I had to track down a Cutlass umax (not Cutlass II umax). I didn't want to mod a compadre because both mine have the lifetime warranty. I wanted a 12khz machine with a sensitivity knob. As a plus it also has a "click down" all metal (like the vaquero on the disc knob) but it's not threshold based all metal. It's a silent search all metal, essentially bypassing the disc circuitry giving a full all accepting all metal but in disc mode. It's a tough detector to find since it was only produced for less than 2 years before they I troduced the 10khz Cutlass II umax.
However now the whole hunt was almost for nothing since they now have the mojave with all that besides the all metal bypass and a ground select switch.
It is kind of cool to have that detector though. It also has the high pitched audio like the bandido II micromax which in a way makes it better than the new versions lol.
Doesn't really relate but wanted to point out that before the mojave, you either had to hunt down an out of production model or mid a compadre to have most of the features of the mojave besides the ground switch.
I haven't done extensive testing on whether the mojave has all the same super powers as the mojave, but it's a safe bet it does.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a Mojave, I had a Cibola, and I had an Outlaw ..none of them hold a candle compared to my old Tesoro Sidewinder.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions