Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was 15 , I had a huge crush on the girl next door . I was too shy to tell her I liked her , so I made a time capsule . My step Father , Bob , Was an ordained Minister , I snuck a blank marriage certificate out of his desk and filled it out with Dianne's and my name on it . I took 2 pieces of cardboard and taped a penny ,a nickle, a dime ,a quarter , a 50 cent piece , and a dollar bill to it. All were dated 1962 , the year Dianne was born .I did the same to the other piece of cardboard with coins and a dollar all dated 1960 , the year I was born . I put the cards together so my coins were touching her coins . I put everything in a large heavy duty envelope and wrapped it up with lots tinfoil , the I took it into the barn and made a wooden box . I wrapped the box in some chains . I took it across the street ,across the field to the edge of the woods halfway between the Seminary and the Stone Hill College dump and I buried it beneath 2 big pine trees . I wonder if it's still there . Pretty crazy , huh ?
Someday I will go look for it .

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Interesting story. I hope you get to go back and look for it and find out what happened to the girl. This story needs an ending.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all of those silver coins in it, I think I'd be looking for it real soon.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story, thank you for sharing! :occasion14: Please go back and dig up the time capsule and research that old crush of yours! :icon_thumleft:

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably a good thing the girl never found out about the "time capsule". :laughing7:

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably a good thing the girl never found out about the "time capsule". :laughing7:

Lol yeah nothing creepy about that....

Thank you for sharing Mojjax it was a good little read...

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story...1 Did you ever marry her?
Definitely dig that puppy up...!
She would love to see the contents - as it
would have even greater meaning to her...!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread