I need help with bags

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need some advice on bags. I am afraid that i will be cut off from my coinstar it is free but that last 2 times i dumped it stopped running as it was full and had to wait on coinstar to arrive and change out the 2 boxes.I would like to start doing bags instead.I talked to one of the head tellers she said she would be happy to do bags for me.I don't want to over burden her and would like to know what I can do to make her job easier. She said fill out the numbers and that would be good enough. I would like to know what the folks who works with bags do. Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks Cooper36

Upvote 0

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you keep track of the bags, I'm tempted to use bags myself, but worried about shorting them/ giving them too much. What happens if you short them accidentally?

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just need to have a good relationship with the tellers. I asked them for all their branch information that the bank usually fills out. I go ahead and write it on the bags for them; it only takes a couple seconds. Also, my coin loks will hold $1000 in halves but I only fill to $500. It makes them alot easier for the ladies to handle. I still don't receive immediate cash. The bank sends the bags out and I am credited in about two days. Hopefully once they see that the counts are correct they will give straight cash but this takes time and trust on their part. It has to be earned.

OP
OP
cooper36

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you keep track of the bags, I'm tempted to use bags myself, but worried about shorting them/ giving them too much. What happens if you short them accidentally?
She told me if it was over or under they would debit my acct.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

They remove money from your account for the amount you shorted them, and vice versa if you are over, like Cooper said.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread