I will take it.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well out of the 8k i was supposed to get, only 2k came in. I did however find 28 40% 7 90% (2 64s, 2 Bens, and 3 Walkers).

photo_zps0dc9434a.jpg

Upvote 0

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!!

I got 2 boxes in my car, maybe ill check them tonight!! Was gonna wait till tommorow and use the natural sun light... but this pic might have got me motivated to look tonight

OP
OP
T

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GL hope you find some. If i didn't sound check i would have missed several 40%'s. Some were so clean they looked like copper strips on edges lol.

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sound check? I am a newbie, please explain, Thanks!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Either by flipping them or bouncing them of a table or something hard you can tell the difference between clad/regular coins and silver coins

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Iamrussell. Lots of smart and helpful people here, I am learning a lot just by reading! I hope to control the world silver coin market very soon!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Iamrussell. Lots of smart and helpful people here, I am learning a lot just by reading! I hope to control the world silver coin market very soon!

Have you found/read the newbie post in the "stickies" section along the top of this thread? A lot of great info in there-
HH

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes just finished, lots of godd info for those of us who are still in kindergarten as coin roll hunters!

OP
OP
T

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I shuffle the roll in my hand like a stack of poker chips. The noise is very noticeable to most. Makes it easy to find magicians coins also, however burnt coins seem to put off an odd tone also, maybe separation occurred between the coin layers/metals with the heat.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well my 2 boxes didnt fare near as well :P found a 64 reverse ender, after I opened the roll... ah well, atleast its somethin!!

HH

OP
OP
T

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 90% in the hand is worth more than 2 in some other guys box.

OP
OP
T

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess i wasn't done for the week, stopped by about 5 local branches on the way home from taking my dad to lunch. Found 250 dollars worth of coins, 200 from one bank that looked older, and they were so thrilled that somebody wanted them, said they had few hundred dollars from same guy turned in a while back and they sat around for months. After looking through them all the silvers were in the 200 dollar batch, found 16 40% and 2 90% (64 and a 42 Walker) also found some 1948 One Penny (obverse says GEORGIVS VI D:G:BR:OMN:REX F: D:IND:IMP.) it appears made out of cupronickel which others i saw online looked copper, maybe a reproduction /shrug. It has a hole drilled in the top of it also where i guess somebody wore as a necklace or intended too since i don't see much wear on the coin.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Guess i wasn't done for the week, stopped by about 5 local branches on the way home from taking my dad to lunch. Found 250 dollars worth of coins, 200 from one bank that looked older, and they were so thrilled that somebody wanted them, said they had few hundred dollars from same guy turned in a while back and they sat around for months. After looking through them all the silvers were in the 200 dollar batch, found 16 40% and 2 90% (64 and a 42 Walker) also found some 1948 One Penny (obverse says GEORGIVS VI D:G:BR:OMN:REX F: D:IND:IMP.) it appears made out of cupronickel which others i saw online looked copper, maybe a reproduction /shrug. It has a hole drilled in the top of it also where i guess somebody wore as a necklace or intended too since i don't see much wear on the coin.

That is a 1948 British penny, it is made of copper, about the same percentage as our bronze cents. I assume it is probably plated for jewelry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread