I won my first seeded hunt! Besides the seeded stuff I found wheats, Rosie, and ring!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went with Vino to the XP Deus Boot Camp today. It was held by Andy Sabisch and his wife Charlene. After our class we went to a giant school for a seeded hunt I found the most tokens total to win first place. I also found five wheats, a 1961 Rosie and a junk ring. I always referred to the seeded hunts as Easter Egg Hunts. But the competition really drove me nuts! It was fun and my highlight was finding the stuff that wasn't planted there. I found a planted camera vial with wheats in it and one of the tokens got me a 1937 Merc!
Very informative day that should really open some doors to some more finds at some of my old sites I have hunted in the past.
Thanks George, it was a great idea to go.

Enjoy the pic
HH & GL
Brad

Upvote 13

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by WHADIFIND
Congrats on winning!

I know what you mean about the competition. I've only gone to one such hunt. For me, the speed hunting just made me feel tired and disappointed. This wasn't what I got into the hobby for, to run races around a field to show I could run and dig faster than anyone else. Sorry, not for me.

Nice prizes though.
My first prize was a pair of 329.00 headphones.

Yeah, I know. They can still be fun and even profitable. No reason to stay away from them altogether. At least there's a sense of
camaraderie. Better than hunting alone like I do nowadays. :dontknow:

I just don't like hunting in a hurry to gather all the tokens before the next guy. Ok, once in a while but not my bag. :)

Congrats again!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions