Ikes as change!!

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ike's as change!!

I love it when this happens! I didn't even ask for them but they were given to me as change at the local grocery store!

The cashier said "do you mind if I give you these as change? Nobody wants them and I don't have a spot for this kind of coin in my register..."

Sure thing I'll take them! One of my favorite coins to find randomly!

image-4180624131.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice 74 I'd keep that one :-)

I keep all of them...something about these coins just won't allow me to let them go!!! I have found a few hundred over the years!!! Still waiting for my first silver Ike though...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea I'm no Eisenhower fan.
& they are ugly coins.
But I like the Size.

Good Score :thumbsup:

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great change! Only thing that would beat it is Ag!

I've accumulated these a number of times but then sold them at a profit when I had the chance. They seem to be getting harder and harder to find, at least in my area (and no bank has been able to order them for me). I may start holding onto to these rather than making a small profit on them. On one hand I think they will start going up in value since they are hard to find and some people already pay a premium for them, but on the other hand I think that if they ever started to have serious value the sellers would come out of the woodwork.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Forget the 74 and turn the 72 'round and see if it is a Type II. People always take the shinier coin, fools, is what I call them. I'd rather take the chance on a banged up, ugly 1972 ike, than a shiny, pristine 1974.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forget the 74 and turn the 72 'round and see if it is a Type II. People always take the shinier coin, fools, is what I call them. I'd rather take the chance on a banged up, ugly 1972 ike, than a shiny, pristine 1974.

It's a Denver, so no way it's a T2. Keep it, I'll take the '74-D. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread