Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be at the Diggin' in Virginia hunt the week of March 23

I'm heading there tomorrow afternoon, the pair of hunts last all week. We will still be available to ship products to you, but replies to your emails and calls may be delayed a bit throughout the week... The phone will be on but I might not hear it at times through the Grey Ghosts. Lol.

When I get back hopefully there will be some pictures of some cool relics to share!

If you are going to be there, be sure to say hello. Hope everyone hunting the next week digs their find of a lifetime!

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a quick update from Virginia.... :)

Yesterday my concentration was in a confederate area, one that produced nice bullets in the past..... So my thought was if I hunkered down I'd be able to find a nice state button. Despite digging just about every signal I found - good or bad- my quest for a state button didn't pan out.

Today was a bit wet due to a freak late march snowstorm! After we got about 3 inches I put away my detector and started hunting trash pits with my metal probe. While a friend was able to find an awesome trash pit I was skunked. One more day to go to find an awesome relic!

Sorry to everyone if I missed your call... I was trying to listen for the phone the best I could but it was hard with the headphones on!

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, and I was able to meet one of the more respected members here at Treasurenet... Fletch88. :occasion14: It sounds like he is having a blast at his first Diggin' in Virginia. :thumbsup: Hopefully he will chime in when he gets home as to his experience digging on a Civil War battlefield and encampment.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, and I was able to meet one of the more respected members here at Treasurenet... Fletch88. :occasion14: It sounds like he is having a blast at his first Diggin' in Virginia. :thumbsup: Hopefully he will chime in when he gets home as to his experience digging on a Civil War battlefield and encampment.
I had a blast digging Keith even under blizzard like conditions it was a memorable hunt for sure! What did you find in the spot you told me you were headed to at Spillmans?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keith, I had a blast digging my first civil war relics even under extreme conditions for us Rebels!!! What did you end up finding at the spot you told me you were going to at Spillmans? Thanks again, Walt

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The spot I was concentrating on I had hunted last spring, when it was producing a bunch of .54 cal gardners and round balls and eagle buttons. Since it had confederate lead, the hope was that there as a good state button to be found in there.... but it was not to be. I came away from there with a few more round balls, two gardners and a bunch of junk from digging all of the iffy signals. :) A friend dug about the same except he found a couple more union buttons. After that day it was snow, rain, mud and lots of test pits looking for a good hut or trash pit.

Glad you survived the snow! Its always interesting how the weather changes... two years ago it was 86 degrees with grass half way up to your knees with an early spring, this time 4 inches of snow! Both were held the same week in March...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread