Im not sure if i found a proof.

OP
OP
N

NJHunter

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I guess it's just in near un circulated condition. I ended up finding a few that were in really good condition, they all seem to be from 2012. I'm still happy with them, they're really nice looking coins.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, I guess it's just in near un circulated condition. I ended up finding a few that were in really good condition, they all seem to be from 2012. I'm still happy with them, they're really nice looking coins.

You'll find a lot of shiny 2012. Keep the 2013, as they fetch an eBay premium.

OP
OP
N

NJHunter

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sagittarius98 said:

Why are the 2013's worth a lot?

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other

It could be in Uncirculated Condition, even it you found it in circulation. The key is whether or not there is evidence of wear, not whether or not it has been circulated.

Good luck.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
dejapooh said:
It could be in Uncirculated Condition, even it you found it in circulation. The key is whether or not there is evidence of wear, not whether or not it has been circulated.

Good luck.

If it's been touched by human hands without gloves on, it's no longer "uncirculated". Oils and other contaminants on human skin makes metal tarnish, hence the circulated status. A coin can be in "near uncirculated" condition, but since it was pulled from circulation it can't be technically called uncirculated.

OP
OP
N

NJHunter

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tips everyone. I haven't found any 2013's but a lot of good looking 2012's and a few others that aren't bad looking.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
If it's been touched by human hands without gloves on, it's no longer "uncirculated". Oils and other contaminants on human skin makes metal tarnish, hence the circulated status. A coin can be in "near uncirculated" condition, but since it was pulled from circulation it can't be technically called uncirculated.

That is why the grades is MS 60-70, and not uncirculated 60-70.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI

The US minted 224 million 2013 dimes in Jan alone (usmint.gov), they are not rare and they are not worth more than 10 cents. Are there any suckers on ebay who might pay more? Sure, but better sell them fast as the year goes on more and more will hit circulation.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. People will buy anything. Sell hole rolls of 2013 dimes for ten bucks all day. Double your money in a day

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread