Im STARTING A NEW CAMPAIGN HERE !!!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm STARTING A NEW CAMPAIGN HERE !!!

Hi Folks; Here is the issue. There are a LOT of folks here that are hearing impaired like me or deaf. WE want to star a CAMPAIGN to get White's, Garrett's, Toltec etc. to come up with a type of device we can use on our detectors or a new type of detector so that We the hearing impaired can use our detectors just like everyone else. This should not be a hard thing for their Engineers to come up with something that will work for us. I have 47 years in the field and I would hate to lose it now. I'm passionate about detecting. Anyways, I await your replies. PEACE:RONB :coffee2:

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; Here is the issue. There are a LOT of folks here that are hearing impaired like me or deaf. WE want to star a CAMPAIGN to get White's, Garrett's, Toltec etc. to come up with a type of device we can use on our detectors or a new type of detector so that We the hearing impaired can use our detectors just like everyone else. This should not be a hard thing for their Engineers to come up with something that will work for us. I have 47 years in the field and I would hate to lose it now. I'm passionate about detecting. Anyways, I await your replies. PEACE:RONB :coffee2:

The Nokta Fors Core has a vibrating handle just for that.......Great machine also.

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe this was discussed on the White's metal detecting site, and there were some great answers and also some help regarding the hearing impaired detecting people.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The discussion Whammy is talking about is in the Metal Detecting forum...........

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Barker, I believe our best bet is to work with Nokta, as they are
always willing to consider their customers needs, and the FORS
units are already half way there.

From a manufacturers standpoint, they have to consider what
the market will be, as they will be bearing the costs for the
modifications. Nobody wants White's, Garrett, Nokta or any
other detector manufacturer to lose revenue, so we need
to find a simple fix they can incorporate into the existing
detectors.

There are many quality products out there to help the
hearing impaired, such as Black Widow headphones,
amplifiers, etc. Sadly, these are no help when the ears
don't work at all. (you could blow off a firecracker near
my right ear and I wouldn't hear a thing..lol)

The LED's as I suggested in the other thread are the best
way I know of to accomplish that end.

One colored light to confirm when the unit is ground balanced.

3 more colored lights that reference the 3-tone ID. Red (iron),
Orange (foil, gold, tabs, etc.) and Blue for high tone items
such as coins, silver, etc.

Most detectors already have a digital readout for target ID,
and a "bar" showing depth (another visual indicator).

Get those added and ......"Headphones?.....we don't need no stinking headphones!"

:occasion14:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
They had a hook up for the ACE250 a few years back it did not take off ..it was a light that would flash when it made a target hit .. Seems like not to many want it ..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
here is a picture of the light.............. DSCN0010.JPG

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; Thing here is that the manufacturers are the ones who will make these devices what ever they may be. The other thing is that if we do not write, mail or call them they have no idea we need them or the possible size of the market needing them. To date this has not been done. Personally I would like a set of headphones but that's my preference. I really don't care how they do it as long as it gets done. Thing is WE are the ones who need to start writing, mailing or calling them so they CAN get an idea of market size and to have ideas on how to tackle this problem that most likely their Teams of Engineers could solve better than the so called Lone Wolf approach. As I said, I don't care who comes up with a solution as long as some one does that is practical for "everyone" here regardless of the extent of our hearing loss. I like the lights approach and the vibrating handle approach as well but these devices do not exist on Brand name detectors such as White's, Garrett's or Toltec and they will not exist unless WE as a group write, mail or call them. It is that simple. Me, I like White's. Another may like Fisher etc.. So it is that I propose a Writing, Mailing or calling Campaign to get this done. It will never happen if only a few folks do it. Then it remains unfeasible to them as well. Hence, What say ye folks ?? I await your replies. PEACE:RONB :coffee2:

WyoMike

Sep 21, 2013
Wyoming -- Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
BH Discovery 3300
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wear hearing aid that are supposedly Bluetooth compatible. I have never checked this out but with everything else that connects with
Bluetooth I don't see where this would be a big problem with metal detectors.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Would like to see them come out with eye glasses or goggles that project VDI numbers. I can see that being a reality some day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread