In the mean time...

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, so since the weather has not been anywhere on our side and I can't get out there with the MD, I think that now I shall be getting back into small game hunting for the time being. Just wondering what everyone else is doing for these next couple of weeks to keep their mind set for the next hunting season?

Sluice

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am reading a history book on Vicksburg called A Tale of One Village. It is full of interesting history and locations :wink: I already have a few places in mind that could be productive...that is if Mike hasn't already hit 'em. Sorry Mike, you have been doing this longer than I and I have to walk in your shadow. :D
I should also be researching other towns as well because I go "up north" alot during the summer.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I've become so wrapped up in dirtfishing the last few years, that I gave up squirrel, deer and rabbit hunting. Gave up fishing. Gave up restoring my hotrod. Gave up the yardwork. Gave up the.........you get my point. In the winter I do some roll hunting and coin showing, and lots of internet research. What I'd like to do is a little fur trapping again but it's a little late in the season now, sigh, maybe next year.

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had planned on attending the Michigan Treasure Hunters pot luck dinner in Livonia tonight. Just wanted to talk detecting, but woke up to snow and I don't care for 250 miles one way of slipping and sliding. I have been in this club for 35 years and it would have been nice to see some of the "old" timers who were fairly young when we started hunting back in 1976.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread