Increased sensitivity to lightning?

J

Justaman

im wondering if anyone else has experiencing an increased sensitivity to the magnetic field after dowsing. a few nights ago i woke myself up from a dream yelling "a change, there's a change!". i felt something i had never felt before. there was a storm outside. just a few seconds before seeing a flash of lightning in the window, i felt my body had been super charged by something like static electricity. after the lighting strike the feeling dissipated. my wife was lying right beside me and had no idea what i was talking about. maybe its a common thing for people to feel that sometimes, but i have never felt that before. it was a really amazing sensation of magnetism throughout my entire body. does one become more sensitive to changes in the magnetic field as a result of dowsing?

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im a little confused on the "dowsing"? But I thought everyone can feel the "electricity" in the air if it is close. Pretty sure if anyone one is too close they turn into a "Smore"
The earth is the ground bar for lightning. It pulls it in and grounds it out. I never thought of it as a magnet, just an electrical conductor.

OP
OP
J

Justaman

Im a little confused on the "dowsing"? But I thought everyone can feel the "electricity" in the air if it is close. Pretty sure if anyone one is too close they turn into a "Smore"
The earth is the ground bar for lightning. It pulls it in and grounds it out. I never thought of it as a magnet, just an electrical conductor.

word. yea it was more than feeling the electricity in the air. it was a really intense feeling of static electricity that was so strong it woke me up from R.E.M. sleep. something much stronger than usual and it was just after a day of using my L-rods a lot. anyway you could be right, maybe its nothing.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive had my hair stand straight up from static charge just before a way to close for comfort lighting strike. Also seen st. Elmos fire in the rigging of the boat more than once. You know its coming when you see and hear crackling static from the tips of your out riggers on the boat. Took a direct hit once at the sand bar while partying on the boat. 2 out of 14 people did not get hurt and I was one of those 2. 12 other people were hurt that day. Some had blown ear drums others were electrocuted, others were hit with molten copper from the wiring in the boat exploding. One person died and was revived that day. I will never forget it. The outrigger tip looked like elmer fudds gun when bugs bunny put his finger in it and the barrel exploded. That bolt actually blew 2 bronze thru hull fittings right out of the bottom of the boat. Why it hit our boat out of a hundred others I will never know ? The anniversary of that strike is coming up, it happened july 4 2003.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember years ago taking my 8-10 year old Daughter fishing when a storm came up.
We were walking back to the pickup when the hair on my neck felt funny.
I immediately dropped the rods and instructed my daughter to squat and so did I.
I was taught this in my younger years---Squat and rest on the balls of your feet when you feel the Static and
lessen you chance (low profile) of being struck by Lightning.
Marvin

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember years ago taking my 8-10 year old Daughter fishing when a storm came up.
We were walking back to the pickup when the hair on my neck felt funny.
I immediately dropped the rods and instructed my daughter to squat and so did I.
I was taught this in my younger years---Squat and rest on the balls of your feet when you feel the Static and
lessen you chance (low profile) of being struck by Lightning.
Marvin
Was taught pretty much the same thing when I was a kid. If the hair starts standing up on your arms you need to be inside 30 seconds ago.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you brought this up. Anyone been getting charged up the last 3 or 4 weeks? Been getting zapped off & on, different places different conditions, different clothes etc. I can pop an almost 1/2 inch spark putting the key in different locks. Then the next day nothing, and the day after I'm getting zinged good. My friend told me he saw a spark when I went to unlock the car. Anyone got any ideas?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread