Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always assumed that the Indians living around the Beaumont area were one of the coastal cannibal tribes. I think Polk county was about the outer edge of the mound builders. However, I could be wrong about that.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to t-net sir. Hunting treasure is encouraged and shared on this site. The hunting of human remains as the law states is illegal.I suggest in looking for known and they are known ancient sites. Good luck and welcome aboard.

Hendrix

Jan 8, 2007
Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to t-net sir. Hunting treasure is encouraged and shared on this site. The hunting of human remains as the law states is illegal.I suggest in looking for known and they are known ancient sites. Good luck and welcome aboard.

Tnmountains is right. You will want to stay away from remains and other illegal stuff. Arrow heads and stuff like that are the regular things that people look for.

texaskiwi

Mar 4, 2013
Wellington, New Zealand (born & raised in TX)
Detector(s) used
Don't have one at the moment.... really, really, really want one, though
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had read (many years ago) about a possible buried pirate treasure somewhere on the banks of the Neches river.. that it had been searched but as far as we know never found... I always thought that would be interesting to try to find... the problem with rivers is they change and move so fast things like that are hard to find...

and, btw, I'm from Nederland... living in New Zealand at the moment, but looking to move back in a year or so and started re-sparking my old interest in metal detecting... I don't have a machine at the moment, so will not only be researching sites, but detectors as well.... I was just wondering if anyone's searched the site where the fairgrounds used to be (now that they've moved, the old site might be a "gold mine".. so to speak)...

anyway, happy hunting

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
There are "pirate treasure" stories up and down the Texas coast and up most of the rivers from Houston on East. Spanish treasure also. You are looking at swamps, heat and bugs, but good luck to you. There is no telling what you may find...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread