Information on little river in Townsend ,,!

Apr 7, 2024
I would like to know if anyone has had any luck finding gold in the little river in Townsend, Tennessee outside the park boundary , I looked at it today and talked to a lady that showed me where she had seen people diving with detectors and some panning and sluicing but did not see what they found ! Me and my wife plan on primitive camping at the camping place by koa, that allows tents and do some prospecting ,!I am planning a trip in a couple of weeks if rain don't,',to cancely plans. I understand the best places to go areat the far end of ztownsend.I plan on going to a gpaa claim in Alabama and do some dredging wen zi get my dredge and high banker running ,. I hate that Tenn banned dredges and mech devices ? I am a retired Mississippi game Warden and I can say that recreational prospecting does not hurt fish and wildlife ! I plan on writing Marsha Blackburn and tell her that was the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Aireating the gravel in a stream churns up food for fish and other life forms I the creek! High water from rain does more harm than dredging. After a rain, you can't even tell anybody has been dredging
I hope I can get the law changed back because I am a disabled Marine Corps veteran and a retired game warden and a tax payer and it is not fair for every body to get punished for the acts of a few scum bags that don't know how to act ! I never had any trouble reining in those kind of people but I was taught to do the job you are getting paid for for! The real reason for the ban is because somebody was just to damn lazy to do their job and ticket scum bag litter bugs that abused their privilege to prospect ! I hope I can get the law changed back so we can dredge again in a Tennessee ,.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to know if anyone has had any luck finding gold in the little river in Townsend, Tennessee outside the park boundary...
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from HELP! over to FORUM: TENNESSEE for more exposure.
tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum HELP! contains guides tutorials on how to use the new TreasureNet.com software.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread