Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello bottle and glass folks.... My name is Brad and I have around 300 (+/- some) antique bottles and items. I attained all of these bottles by digging up 7-8 or more privy pits in my backyard. I did this in the mid / late 1980's. I lived then in Southwestern MI. in Constantine. The large home I owned was built in the early 1800's. I learned it was used as a hospital in the 1850-60's or later. I used a 3/8" pointed 5.5' steel rod to look for the pits. BINGO & BULLS-EYE'S everywhere on the premier of the property. Almost everywhere I probed I could hear glass or a pinging. I started digging and soon found a lot of old unbroken bottles. Most I believe are OLD medicine bottles. But I found a lot of other bottles also. I found a couple of guns, doll heads still with color on faces, many ink wells, jugs and kitchen dinnerware.

Now I didn't dig up all the bottles at the time to find valuable items but just for the fun of it. I moved to TN. in 1994 but brought all the boxed up bottles with me. Now 30 years later I just "discovered" all of these boxed up old bottles and am interested if any are worth a nickle or dime. So I guess my question is if I post a few of them at a time is this a good resource to have them reviewed and possibly valued? I absolutely know NOTHING about antique bottles, how to date them or find their value if any. If you can offer advise now I have to learn how to post pics from my phone to this laptop...!!!!!

Thanks, Brad FYI: I do not have a collection of the HOLY GRAIL of Pepsi bottles for sure...!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread