Inside info on Brinks

sshafer11

Jul 29, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It just so happened that I was assigned to a group project for one my college classes and it just came up in conversation that one of my partners is a armored car driver for BRINKS. So of course I jumped at the chance to ask him a few questions.

I asked him about the potential of employees culling coins they wanted. He said that that he had visited the "coin facility" a couple times and he said that the employees there have a specific dress code which requires them to wear a pocket-less jumpsuits specifically so they can't take any coins. He made it sound like it was really strict. He said that "everything is in plastic bags". He also said that Loomis has a smaller facility in our area and if they get overloaded on coins BRINKS takes the extra.

We got to talking about coins and he said he likes "Silver Dollars" he said he saw a whole palette of them at the facility last time he was there. He said that apparently you can order them but you have to order a whole palette.--This is just what he said... Obviously I'm assuming he was talking about Ikes but we didn't get into it further than that.

Next time if i get a chance, I will ask about the machines specifically and whether they reject "odd" coins.

Upvote 0

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Great work! thanks for the info

He also said that Loomis has a smaller facility in our area and if they get overloaded on coins BRINKS takes the extra.

This confirms what I've suspected, and what many on this board have denied, that coins themselves do not necessarily stay with the bank that sent them.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well td will not order halves. And they get most of the dumps we dump. They have to send them out some where.If not to the fed another bank!!

OP
OP
sshafer11

sshafer11

Jul 29, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great work! thanks for the info

This confirms what I've suspected, and what many on this board have denied, that coins themselves do not necessarily stay with the bank that sent them.

I agree. This confirms information I've got from head tellers as well. At least in Indiana all of the coin processors work together with the BRINKS facility being the main place where coins go.

And as far as BRINKS culling silver (at least in Indiana) it is not the employees on the job doing it.

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. This confirms information I've got from head tellers as well. At least in Indiana all of the coin processors work together with the BRINKS facility being the main place where coins go.

And as far as BRINKS culling silver (at least in Indiana) it is not the employees on the job doing it.

I agree with this as well. I never understood why some people think that all of the bank's coins stay together, its just not very feasable from a business and logistical standpoint. Its along the lines of thinking that we get the same coins and bills back from the bank when we make a withdrawal that we had deposited earlier.

My theory - banks send out coin, accounts are credited, banks order more coin which is dispensed from the sorting facility.

At least thats my take on it

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know too much now. They will be coming.

On a serious note, I have actually noticed my dumps crossing banks.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread