Jan 8, 2015
Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello friends,

I have a story for you:

I am a college student who resides in a fraternity. I love finding silver anytime and anywhere, but I never thought that I could find it on my campus, let alone in my house.

That being said, I was eating dinner the other night with some buddies, when I went to go grab a fork. The fork I grabbed was this. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476286096.765409.jpg

I thought to myself, "wow this one sure has a weird color to it" so I checked the back and saw this

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476286187.668362.jpg

I quickly cleaned it off and ran upstairs to grab a personal spoon to trade for it :)

Happy hunting!

Upvote 22

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score, I'd look for more too. I can't speak for this particular house but the frats I've hung out at have no respect for even their own history, so a random fork lumped in with the communal eating utensils is fair game. I was checking the dumpster behind one frat house and found the first 2 membership log books full of fascinating biographical and historical information dating back to 1906. I brought this to the attention of one of the residents and he looked at me like I was crazy for thinking he would give a crap about his frat's founding documents. In my possession they remain.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"For nearly a century, the Silver Fork of Honesty has graced the halls of our fraternity. It has touched the lips and fed the mouths of hundreds of our brethren. Just this past year, the honorable Count Fedra, Broschweld The Fanged, Headmaster of the Order of the Knights of the Silver Fork, blessed the fork with the tears of Westeros on the historic alter of our noble fraternity. Well, today, my brothers, I have some sad news..."

Last edited:

Eternity79au

May 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So did I and got bollocked for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread