Interesting quartz tool

Wes213

Jul 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this one digging at my site. It had a thumb grove and looks well used. Is this a tool used for knapping? image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 0

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks more of a scrapping tool to me. Found a few similar. Tough to see from the first pic but is one side flat?

OP
OP
W

Wes213

Jul 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks more of a scrapping tool to me. Found a few similar. Tough to see from the first pic but is one side flat?

It is equally rounded on all sides.

OP
OP
W

Wes213

Jul 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg image.jpg

Here is a pick of the flip side of it. It is round and dull on all sides, but it is really scratched up too.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i wold say it is just a rock, no signs of it truly being worked or being useful as a scraper, hammer stone or anything else.

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Always hard to tell with Quartz - the round shape makes me think there is a possibility of something. It was found at a site where other things found I assume. Can you show more pictures of the edges all around? For me hard to say 100% without holding but can say I would have brought it home as well. Sorry not much help.

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If scraper would have more of an edge ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1472853140.166991.jpg like the one in this pic sorry not the best pic but the only one I had saved.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could of been something they were thinking on using but just never got around to. I find small flint cobbles here that show slight work on them a little chip here and there and nothing else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread