Interesting read, The history of Pincher Processing

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's more than an interesting read. It's a fabulous read! But it's been posted many times before.

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Easy said:
It's more than an interesting read. It's a fabulous read! But it's been posted many times before.

Interesting indeed...and loooooong!

OP
OP
T

talon146

Jul 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Odd, I did a search here on Pincher processing before I posted and found no matches.

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
Well thanks for posting it because I never would've seen it otherwise & I thought it was a fantastic story!

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think the guys will work with RCM this year since they killed the penny?

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
Why would the RCM hire them, when they could do it for themselves?

To me his biggest mistake was trying to sort pennies for sale to smelters on an industrial scale. His equipment and banking fees were expensive. He knew that this wouldn't be a long term venture because the US Gov't would eventually outlaw the melting of US pennies. He got himself in debt and ended up bankrupt. If he kept his costs lower he could have had a profitable hobby for 8-9 months before being shut down by the melt ban.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MIhunter said:
Why would the RCM hire them, when they could do it for themselves?

To me his biggest mistake was trying to sort pennies for sale to smelters on an industrial scale. His equipment and banking fees were expensive. He knew that this wouldn't be a long term venture because the US Gov't would eventually outlaw the melting of US pennies. He got himself in debt and ended up bankrupt. If he kept his costs lower he could have had a profitable hobby for 8-9 months before being shut down by the melt ban.

You make a good point

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Great story. Even though it turned out to be a major loss, it is amazing that he was able to pull it off for a few weeks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread